Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Aug 26, 2016 @ 11:28
    Ben McKean

Send email work flow - exclude form data

Hi,

I'm using the built in work flow to send an email back to the user e.g. "Thank you for completing the form" but in the email all of the form data is also included in the message.

Is there anyway to exclude this or do I need to write a custom workflow? I was hoping not to and hoping there was just an option to exclude form data but its not there!

Thanks

Ben

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 15, 2016 @ 19:58
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ben,

To exclude form data, from the email, that you are sending when some is submitting a form, you need to use the XSLT transformed workflow. By using this you have full control over the content of the email that you are sending out when some submits the form.

Try to see https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/#send-xslt-transformed-email

I know this a bit odd that is still in XSLT, but I know that we are are talking about switching from XSLT to Razor for the transformed-email in one of the next release of Umbraco Forms, I canĀ“t tell you which exact version this will be in or when this will become available,

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft