Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ed 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 18:05
    ed

New Forms 4.3.2 install on 7.4.3 Umbraco - SQL error, "Invalid Column Name - Id"

Hi,

A client of mine has a reasonably new Umbraco server (around 4 months old) and I've upgraded them from 7.4.2 to 7.4.3 this week - no problem there.

I've now installed Umbraco Forms 4.3.2 as well, but I'm getting a 500 error in the back end whenever I try to create a new form.

The request that's failing is:

../umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/FormSecurity/GetByUserId?userId=0

Exception message:

Invalid column name 'Id'

Full stack trace:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>cDisplayClass4.3()

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.

at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.UserFormSecurityStorage.GetAllUserFormSecurity(String userId)

at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.FormSecurityController.GetByUserId(Int32 userId)

at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass10.9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.

at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.

at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.

I've uninstalled and re-installed. I've also tried the steps here to re-create the tables manually:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/63644-Umbraco-forms-database-table#comment214869

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks! Ed.

• James Collins 13 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 21, 2016 @ 16:50
    James Collins

Hi Ed,

Were you able to figure this out? I am experiencing the same problem (Forms 4.3.2) on my Umbraco 7.3.7 (test) site.

The site was recently upgraded from Umbraco 6.2.6 which had Contour installed, in case that is related here at all.

James

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 25, 2016 @ 11:13
    Warren Buckley

Hi Ed & James,
    Does this problem happen on all environments for the site or just one specific site?

Did you install/upgrade Umbraco Forms on one environment say local for instance and then deploy the files to UAT environment?

If so then the UAT environment if it does not share the same DB would not have gotten the DB changes & most likely the problem.

I suspect the table/s are missing from the DB. Can you confirm they are there please:

UFUserFormSecurity and UFUserSecurity as the exception is complaining that it cannot find/map the Id column in the table/s.

If you can report back what these tables contain that would be fantastic.

Many Thanks,
    Warren

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 25, 2016 @ 12:18
    Warren Buckley

Looking into the problem further. It is because Contour was previously installed and has the same DB table names UFUserFormSecurity & UFUserSecurity but they have slightly a different DB schema in Umbraco Forms hence you are seeing the error.

The fix would be to manually alter the DB yourself or to uninstall Contour & Forms and then to start over again.

I have created an issue you can follow along with - http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1133

Please can you let me both know if this has resolved your problem or not.

Thanks,
    Warren :)

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 15:51
    Lachlann

Hi Warren, I think that we might be experiencing this problem with a site that was migrated from Umbraco 4 to 7.

Are you able to provide any details relating to what needs to be manually altered?

Best L

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft