Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kerrie 27 posts 67 karma points
    Jun 20, 2016 @ 15:10
    kerrie

Default values

Added default values to a form, so the form will pre-populate with membership details on the front-end eg, name, email etc. I have added {member.email} as the default value and I get an error on the front-end where the form is... Any ideas?

enter image description here

• marcelh 171 posts 471 karma points
    Jun 21, 2016 @ 11:54
    marcelh

I'm running into the same issure here. But don't even have the default values set. Running Umbraco 7.4.3 with Forms 4.3.2.

I ran into this issue before and also created a bug report, but haven't heard anything since. In that issue I noticed that it was only applicable for properties that had been added to a member with a proprietary property editor (not setting any value) and using Umbraco Forms 4.1.4 and later. However, in the bug report another user also reported this with default members and Umbraco Forms 4.3.2 and I can confirm this on a plain vanilla installation.

Edit: I updated the bug report with steps to reproduce. Please vote if this issue is as showstopping for you as it is for me!

Jun 27, 2016 @ 17:25
    kerrie

This is so annoying. It also happens when you try and use the membership email to send an email. So basically membership just doesn't work at all. I would have thought this is needed by a lot of people. Total showstopper!

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 07:56
    Warren Buckley

Hello Kerrie & Marcelh,
    Apologies for the delay in response to the issue/bug report with CodeGarden taking a bit of time up leading up to the conference, this got overlooked during this busy period.

I am currently almost finished a sprint and will not get a chance to look at this until next sprint which starts on Monday the 4th of July. This issue is scheduled in for me to take a look at & try to resolve.

With your detailed notes & steps to reproduce this will make things a lot easier.

Thanks,
    Warren

Jun 28, 2016 @ 15:17
    kerrie

Brilliant! Look forward to this being fixed.

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Oct 22, 2016 @ 16:20
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

@Warren Any update on this?

Not any updates to Umbraco Forms since June - and you cant use "code garden" as your excuse anymore, no matter how big the hangover :-)

Clients and developers are now getting frustrated that a" PAID For - HQ CORE" product which advertised OOTB features clearly don't work, and that Support/Updates are few and far between.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Oct 24, 2016 @ 14:32
    Warren Buckley

Hello Paul,
    Sorry for your frustration, but I & the HQ Development team have been hard at work bug fixing & supporting issues for Forms.

Currently we are testing heavily the next release after a security release threw us of course for the release & pushed us back.

I believe this issue is resolved & due for release in 4.4.0 which is one of key sprint goals this release.

See sprint goals here - https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/core-team-sprint-planning-notes/

Issue with fix (available in nightly, until 4.4.0 released) http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-841

If you are coming to the UK Fest Paul, then I will gladly listen to any concerns you have with Forms.

Thanks,
    Warren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft