Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TikTakToe 60 posts 102 karma points
    May 06, 2016 @ 09:58
    TikTakToe

No entries saved when file upload field present

Hi

I have a form that contains an upload field amongst others (its a job app form, where the user adds contact details and attaches a CV).

When I make the upload field mandatory, the form submits with no errors but doesn't create an entry or upload the file (and there are no errors in the log).

When i make the upload field optional, the form uploads and creates and entry.

It seems to be something to do with the upload - folder permissions are correctly set, so that's not it.

Strange thing is, this used to work as I see 2 test entries with the correct upload file paths in them, but at some point it's stopped working!

Help appreciated!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 06, 2016 @ 10:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi TikTakToe

Hmm, that's really weird. I have a few install based on forms 4.1.5 where it works like you would expect when checking the "Attach files" option - So wondering what version you're using where the logic seems to have been reversed for some reason?

/Jan

May 06, 2016 @ 10:24
    TikTakToe

Thanks

It's version 4.1.4

It works fine without attachments/file upload - it's just when i make it mandatory it then must try to do the attachment and fail, as it doesn't create an entry either.

I've checked the logfiles but nothing - just seems to disappear into a black hole!

May 09, 2016 @ 15:23
    TikTakToe

any ideas anyone?

to date i've tried:

1. upgrading forms to latest - no joy
    2. changing the storagedirectory - no joy
    3. confirming folder permissions - no joy
    4. logging level ALL and reviewing trace log - no joy
    5. Checking the 'attach upload to email' - no joy
    6. tried different browser

rubbish