Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Will Dickinson 5 posts 85 karma points
    May 11, 2018 @ 15:09
    Will Dickinson

Courier & Azure

Hi,

I have two Azure webApps and want to Courier from one to the other. They are in different tenancies, so, what port and protocol do I need to open in the firewall of the target site?

Thanks,

Will

• Giu 23 posts 141 karma points
    Jan 09, 2019 @ 13:50
    Giu

The apps can communicate with each other using webservices. The simple configuration consist of:

• Url
    • User Id
    • Password

No need to open a port or a protocol. If your app has ip restrictions then you need to add outbound ip addresses to the list of ip addresses you allow.

I hope it helps !

Giuliano

• Alessandro Bellisai 30 posts 120 karma points
    Feb 20, 2019 @ 10:31
    Alessandro Bellisai

Hi Giuliano

I'm on the same situation, but on both azure web app i've no ip restriction configured.

From my borwser i'm able to access to curier web server, but on umbraco backeend courier cannot connect to the destination asmx web service.

In my opition it's seems that the web app can't resolve the host name...

Maybe with configuration on Azure can resolve this issue, do you have any idea?

Thnaks in advance

• Ben Duguid 12 posts 85 karma points
    May 10, 2019 @ 12:20
    Ben Duguid

It's possible that this is a TLS/SSL issue, and one at the .NET framework level.

If you've configured your Azure sites to use a minimum TLS Version of 1.1 or higher, you'll need to tell .NET about that.

In your OnApplicationStarting method, you'll need to add the following line:

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

This will force the .NET framework for your application to use TLS 1.2 for all secure connections.

For more details see the Remarks section of the SecurityProtocol docs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft