Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    Mar 29, 2018 @ 20:09
    Chris Van Oort

Courier transfers everything but doesn't republish pages on the destination site?

Hi --

We've got an Umbraco staging and production site running Umbraco 7.8.1 and Courier 3.1.6 with:

• Umbraco.Courier.Contrib.Resolvers version: 1.0.46
    • Umbraco.Courier.FormsProvider

I don't get any errors when transferring content from staging to production. However, the content that is transferred isn't immediately visible. I have to go to individual content notes and hit "Save and Publish" for the changes to be visible.

No errors in CourierTraceLog or UmbracoTraceLog on either staging or production sites.

Any ideas?

Best, Chris

EDIT Maybe a related issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-614 but not 100% sure

Apr 02, 2018 @ 16:17
    Chris Van Oort

Update: I think this might simply be user error on our end. I have a couple of Editors and they've been editing content, but I don't know that they've been clicking "Save and publish." I think if they do that it'll work fine; when I courier from my user account and click "Save and publish" prior to courier it sends and publishes the files just fine

Edit: I thought that not clicking "Save and publish" was possibly the issue but it's not. I think it could still possibly be some sort of permissions error because when my Admin account "saves and publishes" then Couriers the content from staging to production, the updates are visible without needing to "save and publish" on production.

Edit #2: After having some nodes publish with my admin account automatically, it looks like it's consistently not publishing properly. Some from my admin account will work and others won't.

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Apr 03, 2018 @ 13:24
    Paul de Quant

Hi Chris,

I have the exact same issue. Courier (3.1.6) appears to transfer the content OK, but it doesn't publish properly after deployment. Only when I login to our live site and publish does it work.

Hope fully someone can find a fix soon.

Thanks

Paul

Using: Umbraco 7.10 and Courier 3.1.6

Apr 03, 2018 @ 13:31
    Chris Van Oort

If you're having the same issue with a slightly newer Umbraco version, I'm assuming it's not a configuration issue.

Any errors in your UmbracoTraceLog or CourierTraceLog?

Are you running any courier plugins / add-ins?

Apr 03, 2018 @ 13:37
    Paul de Quant

Nothing of note in the logs I'm afraid. The only custom courier configuration we have is for deploying images to azure blob storage accounts.

Only when we login and publish does it work. So the data and all its values are intact are transfer fine. Just needs a proper re-publish.

Apr 03, 2018 @ 14:11
    Chris Van Oort

Ahh yep same situation as here then. We're self-hosted on IIS and thus don't have Azure blob storage configured. So that rules that out; I've got a fairly vanilla Courier instance too.

Apr 03, 2018 @ 14:14
    Paul de Quant

I've reported this to Umbraco Support last week, so I hope they'll find a solution soon. In the mean time I was going to clone my setup locally to see if I can get any further with it.

Apr 03, 2018 @ 14:17
    Chris Van Oort

Oh that's good news; is there an open issue? / Should we post one? http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/COU

Apr 03, 2018 @ 14:19
    Paul de Quant

Sounds good to me. Do you want to do it or shall I?

Apr 03, 2018 @ 14:27
    Chris Van Oort

No problem; I added it quick: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-657

Apr 03, 2018 @ 14:29
    Paul de Quant

Nicely done :) Thank you.

Apr 09, 2018 @ 07:47
    Paul de Quant

Hey Chris,

I don't suppose you've got any further with this?

Cheers

Paul

Apr 10, 2018 @ 14:25
    Chris Van Oort

Unfortunately no luck thus far; hopefully someone with Courier source code access is able to take a look. Hard to debug further without that IMO.

Apr 10, 2018 @ 14:37
    Paul de Quant

Agreed.

Also I would have hoped for some sort of response from Umbraco by now - considering this is a paid for product :(

May 21, 2018 @ 21:17
    Chris Van Oort

Paul did you ever run across a fix for this? I updated Umbraco to 7.10.4 and have the same issue. I periodically check back but haven't seen any traction from the folks @ Umbraco HQ.

May 22, 2018 @ 06:50
    Paul de Quant

Hi Chris,

In the end we did manage to sort it. Our problem was with our use of ID's. When we transferred content across the Id's got out of sync. In the end we switched our code to use UDI's instead. We had a lot of custom grid controls, which we needed to change.

I'm not sure if you have a of custom controls as well? We then also had to create a data resolver to extract all links to media items as they weren't being deployed with the content.

Thanks

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft