Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• steve 4 posts 75 karma points
    Mar 28, 2017 @ 08:55
    steve

Configuring Umbraco 7.3 Courier 2.5 overwrite settings for multiple servers

Hello, We have courier 2.5 on Umbraco 7.3 syncing up Staging to Production. When Dev was added I updated Staging to also sync down to Dev, but we need to be able to sync certain content from Dev to Staging safely too. Mainly Doc types and Data types. The idea is, content should originate in Staging, but development of new document types or updates should originate in Dev. This keeps Staging syncable to Production for content editors while developers tweak Dev, keeping unwanted artifacts from appearing in Production. Once dev is done it may be synced to Staging, content updated in Staging, then synced to Production. I think I may be able to get away with this by modifying the 'Config\courier.config' overwrite settings on Dev from 'Compare' to 'Never', but I have been unable to find any documentation on them and I don't want to flip a switch to see what happens in the wild. Thanks

I didn't get the right answer from the internet. References: - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39732794/configuring-umbraco-7-3-courier-2-5-overwrite-settings-for-multiple-servers -  Animated explainer video Examples

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft