Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Fedor 1 post 71 karma points
    Jan 19, 2017 @ 14:01
    Andrew Fedor

Courier and Multiple Environments

Hey all,

I've been getting a better grasp on understanding the capabilities and limitations of Courier and I was wondering how others may be handling a similar situation. Here's the rundown:

3 Environments, Local, Staging, and Production.

Working upstream works perfectly: Local => Staging => Production. Which makes sense because from what I can tell, Courier is essentially capable of accessing the Umbraco back office on all 3 environments from my local machine.

When working downstream to get back to local however, Courier does not work. I would assume because the staging server obviously doesn't have access to my localhost machine to access the back office.

My question is this, when content population is happening directly on the Staging or Production server. What is the best way of being able to copy down that content? We have a client making continuous updates to their content while we're working on a second phase. Ideally I'd like to be able to use Courier downstream to continuously update content on our local or staging environment, then when ready for launch, simply switch IIS to look at that web project.

Thanks for the help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft