Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    Sep 29, 2016 @ 20:17
    Openfield Creative

Customized macro grid editor and courier

I have a site in which I'm retrofitting courier. One of the pages uses a grid layout in which every cell has its content selected from a content picker. This was originally an MNTP but after trying and failing many times to get the content to transfer in this form, I reverted back to using a Macro with a content picker parameter.

This works ok but is not ideal since there are other types of grids on this site that use macros for other things. So I started looking into how to limit the macro list based on grid and found this thread https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/61742-Restrict-macros-per-grid which does exactly that.

The problem now is that even though this is only a slight modification of the macro grid editor, courier doesn't seem to be recognizing the node ids in order to convert them to guids, so the site I'm transferring to reads them as different nodes or that they don't exist.

I've also seen in the courier docs where you can modify the courier.config file to monitor additional property types for node ids but I'm unsure of how to do this for the grid editor or if it's even possible.

Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the node ids to transfer in the customized macro or if there is some other way of using a content picker with courier that I just haven't though of?

I'm running Umbraco v7.4.3 and Courier v2.52.14

Thanks in advance,

Owen

• Jbennie 3 posts 71 karma points
    Dec 05, 2016 @ 17:21
    Jbennie

Hi Owen,

I have a similar problem with a site hosted on umbraco.io (currently 7.4.5 )

I have a content of rich text editor, containing a macros. One uses a multiple media picker and the other is a single media picker.

I only use one macro per RTE and my courier.config is set to force everything, my cache is clear, and as far as i can tell everything is fine.

all content publishes normally, except the parameter based macros within the RTE's. The ids are striped from the version on live.

I'm at a complete loss as to why standard media items are not being migrated from the Development to Live

If i strip macro out and use a media picker to add the images item by item - the images transfer to live.

so my guess is the stage that reads the id's might be working but the dependent images are not being pushed to live, thus the rewiting of ids is failing,..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft