Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Maciej Rychter 3 posts 93 karma points
    May 18, 2016 @ 11:25
    Maciej Rychter

How to buy full Courier license

Hello,

apologies if this has been answered before. I looked through the forum but can't find any information.

I am looking to buy the full courier license but can't find links for it anywhere. I found a way to buy the E99/domain version here: https://umbraco.com/shop/cart?p=6212 but this is the express version license and it does not seem to have the ability to create packages with a diff of what is available between environments, I can move pages manually one by one - but this is so error prone and time consuming.

This is an image of what it should look like: enter image description here but with courier express I dont see the revisions folder/functionality.

Could someone knidly direct me to the correct place? Explain how the licensing works. All the links about licensing from the courier tab are broken.

Thank you in advance!

Maciej

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 18, 2016 @ 11:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Maciej and welcome to our.

The Courier express license do not includes revisions, so this is why you are seen this. With the express license, you can transfer content and document types ect. by right clicking.

You can purchase a full license of Courier license by using this link http://umbraco.com/shop/cart.aspx?p=6211

Best,

/Dennis

May 18, 2016 @ 11:50
    Maciej Rychter

Hello Dennis!

awesome to be here and thank you for the quick reply!

Can I assume that the full license will have revisions and the diff tool?

Wouldn't want to spend 500 odd euro to find out it doesn't :)

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Maciej

May 18, 2016 @ 12:06
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Maciej,

The full license will have revisions and locations, and so with the full license you will get all the features that you are seen in the UI.

Best,

/Dennis

• Dustin 10 posts 78 karma points
    May 19, 2017 @ 22:13
    Dustin

Hi Dennis,

In order to migrate content from:

dev -> nightly -> QA -> prod

Do we need to purchase 4 instances of Courier (not express) to install 4 packages on 4 machines?

Thanks! Dustin

May 20, 2017 @ 08:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dustin,

Courier is licensed per site - meaning a root domain (mydomain.com) and its related subdomains (test.mydomain.com, etc...) as well as two specified development domains (mydevdomain.com, mystagedomain.com)

So if your dev -> nightly -> QA -> prod is on the same TLD but are using subdomains like dev.test.com, nightly.test.com and qa.test.com then you should just use one license where you are setting the domain to test.com

If it´s 4 individual domains then you can use the additional domain product to add these domains to an existing Courier license for EUR 109 (http://shop.umbraco.com/shop/cart?p=6212) rather than the EUR 599 for the full license.

You need to install the Courier package on the each Umbraco installation and you also need to put the license into the bin folder on each installation.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

May 18, 2016 @ 12:33
    Maciej Rychter

Great! Thanks for your help Dennis!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft