Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sweety Mohanty 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:00
    Sweety Mohanty

Database opportunities in Cloud

Hello!

I need to have a simple website with few pages. And few pages take information from Database in 2 different languages.

Does Umbraco Cloud allows us to build schema on Cloud itself or I need to connect local server to my project and deploy it all together in Cloud as a single entity (for ex. Entity Framework for MVC)?

If it is possible, then it would be really easy to manage many contents at my end.

Thanks!

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:38
    Nik

Hi Sweety,

You have a couple of options available to you here as I understand it.

1) You can extend the Umbraco database for your Cloud project, by connecting directly to it using SQL Management Studio (or similar tool) and editing it yourself. Although I don't recommend this option it is possible.

2) You can use Umbraco Migrations to deploy database changes. https://cultiv.nl/blog/using-umbraco-migrations-to-deploy-changes/ This is a wonderful article that can help with it. (I would recommend this option)

3) You could set up another database in Azure (or other cloud system) and, after setting up the correct permissions, allow your website to connect to that via a separate connection string. You'd have to manage this database through your own Azure (or whichever cloud system you chose to use) account though as it wouldn't be tied to your Umbraco Cloud account.

So effectively, yes it is possible you just have to identify which scenario works best for you. :-)

Other people might have alternative views on what's best though. It could be worth asking the Umbraco Cloud support team on what they recommend. You can do this via the chat in the Umbraco Cloud portal in the bottom right once you've logged in.

Thanks,

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft