Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 07, 2017 @ 11:22
    Ismail Mayat

deployment error

Hello,

So i am trying to deploy after i checked in my files and committed. I get the following error:

Deployment failed.

Umbraco.Deploy.Exceptions.EnvironmentException: Could not get container with id efcc97af-f5da-43a7-8499-32260673deec

I am assuming the guid is referring to something in my data/revision folder?

I have all my .uda files there for data types and doc types however nothing that matches that guid. Any ideas?

Regards

Ismail

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 07, 2017 @ 11:24
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Look inside your uda files and look for efcc97af, something is referencing a containter starting with that ID and it might have been removed. Upon removal not all references are updated currently.

Once you find the correct uda file, go into the corresponding item and save it again. That should fix the problem.

Jul 07, 2017 @ 11:38
    Ismail Mayat

Sebastiaan,

So looked through those files, the id seems to correspond to a folder in data types. There is no way to resave this folder to regenerate.

So my data types structure looks like:

enter image description here

The problem which is missing is called Custom.

Regards

Ismail

Jul 07, 2017 @ 12:13
    Ismail Mayat

Ok looks like it is folders. So in my data types i moved them out of folders then re saved locally and created new files. However now its moaning about doc types that i have in folders.

I will to move those as well maybe which i will try now see if that fixes things.

Jul 07, 2017 @ 12:21
    Sebastiaan Janssen

No no the point is not to recreate them! You wanted them removed.

So let's say you have datatype "MyTextEditor", it's referring to folder "SEO", you move it out of that folder and delete folder "SEO". The "MyTextEditor" datatype doesn't get updated (for some reason, we need to work on that obviously). So if you save "MyTextEditor" again, it should now know it's not in that folder any more and should remove the reference to the now non-existing "SEO" folder.

Got it? So just by saving the item with the invalid data in it again, you remove the invalid data. The UDA file will be updated with the data it currently has (no folder).

Jul 07, 2017 @ 13:20
    Ismail Mayat

Sebastian,

When i resaved before moving out of folders it had created the files but was still moaning about missing folders.

No i have moved and saved its got a bit further its not liking doc types so may as well move them out as well and resave just to get it to fireup

Jul 10, 2017 @ 08:37
    Ismail Mayat

Sebastiaan,

Ok so this is still causing issues. So just to give you full picture on this.

We have created new cloud site and cloned down and created visual studio setup as per the docs. Next in the core project using myget i installed our cmstoolkit package which has references to other packages like leblender and usync (hold fire keep reading i know usync and cloud do not mix ;-}).

I then setup build copy tasks to copy over everything i need to the web project.

When the site loads locally its runs via usync the usync definition files and creates templates / doc types and data types. Next I check in everything except the usync dlls and the usync folder. Then i push to cloud I would expect cloud to recreate everything from the revision files in data folder? This is when i am getting errors.

If you require I can give you access to the myget project and you could have a go yourself? Or I could send you the revision files see if you can re create the issue?

Regards

Ismail

Jul 10, 2017 @ 08:58
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Okay sorry mate but this setup is absolutely not supported :-)

Unfortunately you'll have to figure this one out yourself, you're circumventing the way you're supposed to work with a cloud site and that's fine but then you're on your own.

If the revisions files are not being used on your Cloud site then of course we need to have a look at that, get in touch with support and tell them what exactly isn't working on Cloud and with which project.

Jul 10, 2017 @ 09:42
    Ismail Mayat

Sebastiaan,

Cool will ping it to support. As its revision files which are not being deployed albeit the files have been created as a result of usync action.

Regards

Ismail

• Micha Somers 134 posts 597 karma points
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 11:45
    Micha Somers

Never tried this (and don't want to either ;-) ...

but just a small thought that came up since you mentioned:

Next I check in everything except the usync dlls and the usync folder.

Did you also leave out the usync config files?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft