Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• st 21 posts 111 karma points
    Jun 23, 2017 @ 11:25
    st

What is the pro/cons with Azure vs Umbraco cloud?

Is there any simple step-by-step guide how to deploy a existing umbraco project in VS to Umbtaco cloud?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jun 23, 2017 @ 11:47
    Niels Hartvig

Umbraco Cloud runs on top of Azure Web Apps and adds:

Content Flow - our unique feature that gives you:

• Automated Deployment of Umbraco Schema (doctypes, etc)
    • Makes it possible to transfer Umbraco Content (and media) between environments (Content Flow)

Productivity enhancements such as

• Automatic Updates of Umbraco (both patch releases and minor releases)
    • Baselines which makes it faster and easier to spin up multi-sites and campaign sites
    • Includes Umbraco.TV and Umbraco Forms with no extra cost

And much more:

https://umbraco.com/pricing/#features

The downside compared to native Azure is that Umbraco Cloud is a couple of iterations behind native Azure Web Apps, thus there's some features you don't have access to (yet).

Hope this helps!

Best,

Niels...

Jun 27, 2017 @ 17:40
    st

Thanks for the reply! I would like to try out the Umbraco cloud, i have just made a trial account... How to migrate a "finished" VS project to Umbraco cloud??

Jun 28, 2017 @ 12:55
    st

Bump

• Mihail Coscodan 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 26, 2018 @ 23:35
    Mihail Coscodan

Hi all, Can someone suggest a tutorial to deploy my Umbraco site to Azure or Umbraco cloud I have also a sql database. On local site is working I connect also a sql database from azure with my tables. But when I deploy to Web App I have two probles: Umbraco user canno conect to database ( I create a new user and login with it to sql and it works). Seccond problem is that umbraco The Xml cache is corrupt. Use the Health Check data integrity dashboard to fix it. Also if you know how to reset umbraco admin pswd for version 7.7.5 it will helps me. Thank you in advance my email for contact is [email protected] or skype mihai.coscodan (first from the list will be me)

• Mihail Coscodan 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 27, 2018 @ 00:06
    Mihail Coscodan

Can someone sugest a full tutorial how to deploy from Visual studio to Umbraco cloud or how to reset admin pswd on umbraco 7.7 ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft