Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Somu 7 posts 78 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 12:05
    Somu

Umbraco 7.5.11 site down in Azure website

I have a Umbraco 7.5.11 site with sql server 2012 r2 deployed in Azure. It is working great but the site is down sometime and it works only after restart the IIS. Please let me know what is the cause.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2017 @ 14:04
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Nextgen

Can you look at Umbraco logs? /app_data/logs

Maybe there is some info about an error.

Thanks,

Alex

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 17:20
    Meni

Also happened to me sometimes. Therefore I don't really like Azure. I think the solution is to look for a better hosting

• Somu 7 posts 78 karma points
    May 13, 2017 @ 04:56
    Somu

Hi Alex

Thanks for respond. I found "_shutDownMessage=HostingEnvironment initiated shutdown HostingEnvironment caused shutdown " message in log. Also i found the below error.

ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - Failed (at "http://xxxx/umbraco"). System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.

The above error written in log file multiple times.

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    May 17, 2017 @ 05:06
    John Palmer

Hi Nextgen,

You may need to check your server logs. If your site down because your application pool, maybe that your site utilize high usage on the server that made the IIS recycle so many times. Please check it again on your end.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft