Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Colarusso 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 13, 2017 @ 20:52
    Tom Colarusso

Restore Content to child project from baseline project programattically

Hello! I am currently working on a solution where we want to quickly spin up a new child site created off a baseline project and we are trying to automate this as much as possible. As part of this, we'd like to hook into the umbraco startup sequence and automatically pull down the content from the Umbraco Baseline project when the new project starts for the first time (or at least at one point during it's early lifecycle). I don't see any services that provide this functionality out of the box, but I was able to decompile the controller (DeployController) that handles this from the backoffice in order to get a sense of everything it does when you manually restore from the content section.

Unfortunately, just creating a new instance of the controller and calling PullAndRestoreRemoteContent() did not work (not that I would've expected it to, I was just experimenting). Does anyone have any suggestions for a programmatic way of restoring content to a new UaaS project created off a baseline project?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft