Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Watt 20 posts 121 karma points
    Jul 15, 2016 @ 15:58
    Andrew Watt

Surface controllers in UaaS

I am making a new project to be hosted on UaaS, and per best practices I have a web site project with the controllers in a separate Core project. However, the site doesn't seem to be automatically finding my surface controllers from the second project like they would normally. And since it's a web site I can't make a ~/Controllers folder and put them there. What simple thing am I missing here? Thanks, Andrew

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 15, 2016 @ 16:04
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Did you copy the dll from your Core project into the bin folder of the UaaS site, commit the dll to the UaaS git repository and push it to your site?

Jul 15, 2016 @ 18:04
    Andrew Watt

I'm still working locally. I'm having trouble with the web site project structure UaaS uses. I usually have a web application project with everything in one project DLL.

• Q-ten 16 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 07, 2017 @ 04:02
    Q-ten

Hi,

Did you figure out the best way to do this?

It's really annoying that the Umbraco TV tutorials all assume you're working with a Web Application project, but the Umbraco Cloud installation just has a regular application for the .Core project.

What's the best thing to do? Add a new Web Application and integrate that with the .Web project (a Web Site)?

Or can we convert the .Core application to a Web Application?

Or something else?

I really don't understand the logic of behind making the .Core project in the Umbraco Cloud setup a regular application.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 07, 2017 @ 14:59
    Nik

Hi Q-ten,

Make sure that your Website references your Core project. Then when it builds it will add the dll. Ensure the Dll is included in your checking to Umbraco Cloud and it will all work as normal :-)

I'm running a few Umbraco Cloud projects like this and it is no problem. It's quite good to run through this page when setting up your Visual Studio solution for Umbraco Cloud:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Set-Up/Visual-Studio/

Nik

Aug 07, 2017 @ 14:51
    Andrew Watt

After this first test project I went back to making regular Web Application projects like I always do. Umbraco Cloud doesn't care one way or the other.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft