Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kert Kaelep 12 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 11:24
    Kert Kaelep

How can I change thumbnails urls for Umbraco 7 Backoffice?

Hi,

I have setup Umbraco 7.2.1 to save Media items to Azure blob storage.

If using a external source (Azure) for images the image crop/re-size functionality does not work.

Do overcome that I have added ImageProcessor.Web.Config and set the ImageProccessor security.config file:

<security allowRemoteDownloads="true" timeout="300000" 
    maxBytes="4194304" remotePrefix="/remote.axd">
     <whiteList>
      <add url="http://[herecomesblobname].blob.core.windows.net" />
     </whiteList>
    </security>

So if in the website I want to get a crop/re-size image I prefix the URL with "/remote.axd?"

For example:

/remote.axd?http://[herecomesblobname].blob.core.windows.net/media/357/image.jpg?center=0.30711610486891383,0.4625&mode=crop&width=360&height=360&rnd=130702162430000000

I need to do the same for the thumbnails in Umbraco 7.2.1 Backoffice.

For example: How can I add prefix "/remote.axd?" for the thumbnails urls in the Folder Browser in the Media section?

Because if displaying more than 5 full-sized images instead of thumbnails, the Folder Browser is very slow and freezes.

I am talking about the images here:

If using Azure storage for images, thumbnails are not generated and preview images are loaded in full size instead. This is a huge performance issue for me as the original images are large. So please, how can I prefix the thumbnails urls with "/remote.axd?" in Backoffice?

• Jason LaBaw 17 posts 47 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 16:35
    Jason LaBaw

Hey Kert, did you find a solution here?

• Kert Kaelep 12 posts 71 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 07:02
    Kert Kaelep

Hi,

No, I have not found a good solution. I was able to change the templates to include the prefix (/remote.axd?). But every time I update Umbraco I would have to redo it all over again. So I basically ignore the problem, sadly :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft