Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ianhoughton 281 posts 605 karma points c-trib
    Aug 25, 2016 @ 16:38
    ianhoughton

Uaas media problem

I've got my local uaas website deploying content and media up to the Live environment.

When we deploy media, the process completes without any errors and the node is created on the live environment, but the actual image is never sent up.

According to the notes here: https://github.com/umbraco/.comDocumentation/blob/master/Deployment/existingsite.md you should not Git commit the media folder, so what am I missing ??

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2016 @ 17:36
    Paul Sterling

Hi Ian - Can you try to comment out/remove the following entry from the /config/courier.config file on both your local and the UaaS site:

Then restart the sites to make sure the value is picked up and retry the transfer. I believe we introduced that update to support media storage using cloud blob locations, but it seems to cause occasional issues with the default media file system storage.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 25, 2016 @ 20:17
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Re: Paul's reply - we've now removed this entry from all courier.config files that were not using cloud storage so it might not be there for you any more.

• Mac McDell 73 posts 148 karma points
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 18:47
    Mac McDell

I am having the opposite issue. We have over 20000 images in our blob but every time we try and sync from dev to local it attempts to download the images/nodes. We are using UAAS and cloud blob storage. My courier.config has the following entry.

<ignore>
    <add>/media/*</add>
        </ignore>

Steps to reproduce.

1. Delete Umbraco.sdf.
    2. Delete media folder.
    3. CTRL + F5 (start umbraco) \
    4. Run Restore.

Result is that the entire media folder recreates itself. Tried it a couple times to be sure.

• Mike Donahue 36 posts 158 karma points
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 20:17
    Mike Donahue

I am having the same issue on a new Umbraco Cloud account. I synced content and all of it synced without error. On the development environment, the media library shows 100% of the images are broken images. I now also get an "Error occurred during a cryptographic operation"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft