Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Frederiksen 52 posts 111 karma points
    Feb 29, 2016 @ 07:55
    Jon Frederiksen

Tabs order in composition!

Hello friends

Using U7.4.1, which is really great, but there are some issues....

It might be just me, but I cannot see a way to reorder tabs on Document types created from composition. I have some doctypes without template (e.g. Meta, Settings, BaseContent) that I reuse as needed. But the tabs on new doctypes seems to have a random order. For instance, my ContentPage has 3 tabs in this order: Meta, Settings, Content, while it has to be in this order Content, Settings, Meta. Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Jan

Mar 06, 2016 @ 07:46
    Jon Frederiksen

Is there anyone capable to shed some light on this issue?

• Dan Jacobs 7 posts 80 karma points
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 16:53
    Dan Jacobs

I too have the same issue... I cannot set which order the actual tabs appear within a page's settings. Whereas I could do this in the prior version.

Does anyone have any idea how it's done now? Or is it now not possible to set this order?

• Dan Jacobs 7 posts 80 karma points
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 17:07
    Dan Jacobs

... actually, scrap that, I've figured it out!

You can set the overall tab order number next to the Tab in the Doc Type settings. There is a little input box where you can specify an order number.

Cheers,

Dan

Mar 24, 2016 @ 13:30
    Jon Frederiksen

Hi Dan I still cannot see the text box you mention. Could you post a screenshot? This is frustrating.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 13:35
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jan

You have to to press the reorder button in the top right for the little boxes next to the tabs to appear!

enter image description here

regards

Marc

Mar 24, 2016 @ 14:53
    Jon Frederiksen

Thanks Marc

That did the trik.

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Jul 20, 2017 @ 18:19
    Brett Spencer

Those boxes aren't editable. Mouse Pointer turns to O with slash in it. ( Ø )

Edit: You have to set the order when you are creating the document type. So you should think about where the tab may fall in all the different compositions that may use this Document type.

Jul 20, 2017 @ 21:42
    Marc Goodson

Hi Brett

They are only editable on the document type on which the tabs are created.

So if you see in this screenshot, you can't edit the order position 'from' the document type that includes the composition with the tab...

In the screenshot I can't change the Content tab order number as that was crated on the composition called '_compositionTest' but I can change the tab order number on the 'Retro' tab that was created on this Blog Post Document Type.

If I want to make the Content tab appear after the Retro tab I need to edit the _compositionTest document type, and from there I can give it a bigger number eg:

so it's a bit of a faff, when I create tabs I try to create a bit of a gap, eg 10, 20, 30, 999 etc rather than 1, 2, 3 and then if I need to slot tabs in between tabs on certain document types it's easier to plan / squeeze them in.

But it is possible to edit them later.

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Jul 21, 2017 @ 21:32
    Brett Spencer

Thank you Mark for clarifying this even further for everyone. I did figure this out as well - just didn't do as good of job as you - showing how.

This should be a feature though. It makes better logical sense to set them on the document type that you are inheriting the composite from.

Because: When you set them on the Doc Type for the comp during creation, you're GUESSING where it should be on ALL the rest of the Document Types that inherit it. It would be clearer to have this control where and when you need it.

Jul 22, 2017 @ 12:27
    Marc Goodson

Hi Brett

Agree completely!

There is an issue on the issue tracker that is related to properties on compositions too:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6738

feel free to add your insight there, to help give the problem some more visibility.

thanks

Marc

• bhagirath pancholi 19 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 13:17
    bhagirath pancholi

in seo control i put high number(200) so. whenever you composite seo control in pages. seo control will appear right most side(second last).

i set generic propety control to 201.by that whenever you composite this control. this will appear last. see image you should reorder in control which you will going to compositeenter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft