Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Feb 22, 2016 @ 19:14
    Christine

Server Error in '/' Application upgrading to 7.4.1

Hello, I'm stuck on this error while upgrading to Umbraco 7.4.1 from 7.1.4. It happens during the installer. According to my web config, it did complete the update to 7.4.1.

enter image description here

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.library.GetXmlNodeByXPath(String xpathQuery) +14

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
       System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) +92
       System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +155
       UmbracoExamine.LegacyLibrary.GetXmlNodeByXPath(String xpathQuery) +78
       UmbracoExamine.DataServices.UmbracoContentService.GetPublishedContentByXPath(String xpath) +10
       UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.GetXDocument(String xPath, String type) +89
       UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.AddNodesToIndex(String xPath, String type) +20
       UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.PerformIndexAll(String type) +755
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.PerformIndexAll(String type) +117
       Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.IndexAll(String type) in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:829
       UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.IndexAll(String type) +29
       UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.PerformIndexRebuild() +80
       Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.RebuildIndex() in x:\Projects\Examine\Examine\Projects\Examine\LuceneEngine\Providers\LuceneIndexer.cs:775
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.RebuildIndex() +53
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.<InitializeResolvers>b__f() +129
       Umbraco.Core.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger.Initialize() +593
       Umbraco.Core.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger.Boot() +87
       Umbraco.Web.BatchedDatabaseServerMessenger.Startup() +186
       Umbraco.Web.BatchedDatabaseServerMessengerStartup.ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext) +63
       Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler.OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext) +37
       Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.<Complete>b__a(IApplicationEventHandler x) +219
       Umbraco.Core.EnumerableExtensions.ForEach(IEnumerable`1 items, Action`1 action) +141
       Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete) +282
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete) +62
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +234
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9918157
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9932052
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34274

• Jeroen Wijdeven 31 posts 72 karma points MVP
    Apr 30, 2016 @ 11:17
    Jeroen Wijdeven

Did you found a solution? I got the same error. My setup is using SQL server CE, not sure if that has something todo with this error.

• Jeroen Wijdeven 31 posts 72 karma points MVP
    May 01, 2016 @ 18:22
    Jeroen Wijdeven

For me the most important part was to update to 7.4. What I finally did was this:

• Uninstall-package umbracocms -force
    • Uninstall-package umbracocms.core -force
    • Uninstall-package examine -force

Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.4.0 and everything does work like a charm. Which makes me think that there is something wrong with 7.4+

For the record I tried to install 7.4.3 which didn't work. But 7.4.0 did.

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    May 02, 2016 @ 13:09
    Christine

I did eventually upgrade successfully. I gave up on NuGet and did the upgrade manually. We are using CE, not SQL

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft