Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Feb 12, 2016 @ 02:15
    Saied

Get website to load faster?

Hi,

Maybe I have a misunderstanding of umbraco. When you first load page, does the contents of the page get stored in umbraco.config?

If I delete this config file, it will regenerate the config from the database right?

Every time I restart my website, even if I leave the original umbraco.config, it takes a while to come up. After I have a hit a page, it is quick for other users.

Can someone explain to me what is actually happening behind the scenes?

Are there things I can do to make it faster?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2016 @ 06:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Saied

Yes if you delete the umbraco.config file it will be regenerated.

Everytime you build the site it will recycle the app pool and it will take a while for it to start but if the site has enough traffic afterwards it should be fast enough depending on how it's build of course.

What exact version of Umbraco are you using? There has been some fixes of startup performance, which affected Umbraco versions below 7.3.7 if I remember correctly - But can't remember if that was only the Umbraco backoffice or also the application startup in general though.

But apart from that it can also be caused by custom stuff if you're hooking into the API there is a bottleneck in the code - It can also be the server that is a bit slow or it might be related to the frontend performance?

/Jan

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Feb 12, 2016 @ 12:44
    Saied

Hi Jan,

I am using 7.3 to be exact

Thanks, Saied

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2016 @ 14:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Said

Ok, if it's 7.3.0 then I think you should perhaps try doing an upgrade to 7.3.7 or maybe even 7.4 (if possible) to see if that changes anything. Of course do a backup of both the files and the database first.

If that does not improve things then the issue might be something else.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft