Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pbl_dk 150 posts 551 karma points
    Dec 28, 2015 @ 12:50
    pbl_dk

Umbraco clean install 7.3.4 problem with examine

Hello fellows.

I have a clean installed 7.3.4, I had it installed and waiting for design. This morning I got a message from ping-service that site was down. Site is not responding.

The process cannot access the file 'd:\xxxxx\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\NT24\InternalMember\Index\write.lock' because it is being used by another process.

Is this an Umbraco issue or is it the windows server?

!

Dec 29, 2015 @ 16:22
    pbl_dk

Short update. Spoke with support-team, they say that logfile indicate that problem is several domains pointing to the same solution. Have updated all site-roots with all domains and set umbracoconfig file to several domains (url). Don't know if it is the problem. Solution app restarted and now running.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2015 @ 17:30
    Nicholas Westby

Do you mean that you had multiple websites in IIS pointing to the same folder? I could see how that could cause problems.

However, if you simply had one website with multiple domain bindings in IIS, that is a fully supported scenario that should not have caused any problems.

Dec 29, 2015 @ 18:05
    pbl_dk

Hi Nic. I am not sure, I havent seen the IIS, its hosted elsewhere. I have followed the guide I found here: https://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/running-multiple-websites-on-one-umbraco-installation

I might guess, Lucene was trying to make an index and crossreferenced it cause I had'nt set the:

useDomainPrefixes true /useDomainPrefixes

I'm not sure, I have ran the same setup before with no problems. But just have to see what comes up.

All domains point to same public_html folder with umbraco solution inside.

[ Domain1,Domain2,Domain3 ] >> public_html >> Umbraco solution RootNode - domain1 (DK) RootNode - domain2 (US) RootNode - domain3 (BIZ)

Dec 29, 2015 @ 19:22
    Nicholas Westby

Sounds like you probably just have one website setup in IIS then (with multiple hostnames).

Strange, useDomainPrefixes should not be required for Examine/Lucene to work under any circumstances.

Dec 29, 2015 @ 23:20
    Nicholas Westby

Nope. Only things I can think of are if the old application pool still has the file locked or if a virus scanner has the file locked (or, of course, an Umbraco bug).

Dec 30, 2015 @ 01:10
    Nicholas Westby

By the way, I encountered what I remembered as a similar error a few days ago. While cleaning out my screenshots, I noticed I had actually taken a screenshot of it. Looks like it's the same error as you:

Error

I forget what I was doing, but I think I only saw that error once. This is a new Umbraco 7.3.4. site I'm developing in Visual Studio 2015. I'll create a YouTrack ticket to report this and add the link here when I'm done.

Dec 30, 2015 @ 01:27
    Dec 30, 2015 @ 08:21
    pbl_dk

Interesting.. :-) Thanks for the help. I might edit the post, I can see that you have blanked out some of the directories in your screenshot. :-)

Jan 05, 2016 @ 12:48
    pbl_dk

The website crashed again. I will try to deactivate Lucene.

//Bille

Jan 06, 2016 @ 09:06
    pbl_dk

debug debug.. I have talked to a friend of mine, we noticed that it was InternalMember on all error pages. So might not have anything to do with domains. I have reset the examine config file to standard, and added a dummy member to stack, might solve problem, since the member index was 0 at the time. Will see..

Jan 10, 2016 @ 13:16
    pbl_dk

Short update. Site is still crashing. Now I have disabled examine totally with config settings.

Anyway. I have looked at an older version of umbraco, there was no problems at the time, I was running 7.2.3 at the site. I have upgraded when the MVC update was out (7.3.x) to get more speed.

I notice in 7.2.6 that lock was fixed, maybe this is the issue?

U4-6626 - 7.2.5 Failed to enter the lock within timeout

Jan 10, 2016 @ 22:10
    Nicholas Westby

I don't think that YouTrack issue is related to this one. How did you disable Examine? I have some instructions here for how I do that: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/72898-faster-way-to-publish-a-large-number-of-nodes#comment-233951

Jan 11, 2016 @ 13:13
    pbl_dk

Hi Nic.

I did it the way you have shown in the post. But I also added this into all:

RebuildOnAppStart="false"

I have no idea what's going on. I can just say that I am pretty sure the problem was'nt there running 7.2.3. So.. :-|

• Tiago 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 14:08
    Tiago

Someone solved this issue?

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\xxxx\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\xxxx\InternalMember\Index\write.lock' because it is being used by another process.

Jul 23, 2016 @ 15:34
    pbl_dk

Hi there.

Not really solved. But I have done some small changes, and I do not have the problem at the moment:

1. I have only domain in culture, before I had both www and non-www.
    2. Upgraded to 7.5.0 beta, maybe it is solved in versions between the 7.3.4. and 7.5.0 Beta.
    3. Tested with only one domain for one solution, also did not give the problem

As stated here on the issues page, affected known versions are 7.3.4 and 7.4.0

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7621

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft