Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TimMather 67 posts 78 karma points
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 17:36
    TimMather

Empty Recycle Bin

So we have a recycle bin with a lot of nodes in it (2000+), whenever we "empty recycle bin" we just get an error about the SQL transaction no longer useable. Any ideas how to manually remove all items in db via SQL rather than Umbraco interface?

This works for old builds but we are on 7.3.1 http://www.spyriadis.net/2012/06/umbraco-fix-empty-recycle-bin-using-sql-if-backend-fails/

Any help appreciated.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 20:39
    Nicholas Westby

You could use SQL Profiler to inspect the queries Umbraco is attempting to run when you try to empty the recycle bin. You can then tweak as necessary to ensure it works.

Even better would be if you could submit a bug report to http://issues.umbraco.org/issues with details so the core team can hopefully reproduce it and fix it.

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Dec 01, 2015 @ 08:06
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Tim,

I was wondering why the script you mentioned didn't work? I use almost the exact same script and I think it works for all our versions.

Do you have any error messages?

Jeffrey

• TimMather 67 posts 78 karma points
    Dec 02, 2015 @ 10:46
    TimMather

I will have a look in more detail later in the week, seemed to be complaining about foreign keys so as though references hadn't been deleted first. Will see if I can get it to work.

• Dan Roddis 57 posts 241 karma points
    Dec 02, 2015 @ 16:35
    Dan Roddis

We had this problem in Azure with a lot of recycled nodes due to the limits imposed on the lower database tiers.

When doing an upgrade we cleared the database locally before resyncing.

May be a similar problem? Worth noticing that increasing our database tier in Azure from Basic to Standard has corrected this problem for us although the recycle bin has never reached the same size.

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Mar 30, 2016 @ 14:36
    Lee

Anyone know if there is a SQL query we can run directly against the database to delete items out of the media recycle bin? I have over 50K nodes I need deleting...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft