Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ZNS 60 posts 198 karma points
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 18:55
    ZNS

Versioning roadmap

Hello,

There is some basic versioning in Umbraco allowing you to rollback to a previous version. Is there anything on the horizon for extending working with versions? Features we'd like to see is:

1. Working on multiple versions of a page. For example having a draft version that you're working on while also being able to do fixes on the public version.

2. Comparing versions in a side by side view.

3. Previewing any existing version

I am aware that parts of 1. is possible today. That is working on a draft. However the UI in Umbraco 7 is really unforgiving for it. Hiding the "Save"-button, not indicating if a page is published or not etc.

Would it be possible to extend Umbraco ourselves to support this? Are there APIs for working with versions, previewing different versions etc?

• ZNS 60 posts 198 karma points
    Aug 26, 2016 @ 10:47
    ZNS

It'd be nice to get some response on this :)

• Olov 27 posts 101 karma points
    Aug 26, 2016 @ 11:07
    Olov

The new cache in V8 will make this possible at least, if its planned to work exactly as you want with versions I'm not sure of though....

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Mar 17, 2019 @ 20:51
    iNETZO

I'm investigating if it's possible to build an eLearning platform (LMS) by creating a proof of concept with Umbraco. Most parts of this proof of concept are covered very well in Umbraco but versioning content is one of the parts I don't have a solution for jet.

Is there somebody who has done content versioning like ZNS describes? I hoped that it was possible with Umbraco 8 but haven't seen the possibilities jet.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft