Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AmandaEly 123 posts 379 karma points
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 09:22
    AmandaEly

Need to split media folder

Hi,

My media folder has 33,000 images and it is now getting very nearly impossible to upload more images. Is there any way I can break up my media folder into several subfolders? I know that you can put the entire media folder elsewhere but I need more than one. This is an absolute requirement for my website as it is a members site with lots of race photos.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Nov 24, 2015 @ 09:43
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Sure you can. you can create as many folders as you like. You might want to check out BulkManager to move all individual files to the folders.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Nov 25, 2015 @ 07:02
    AmandaEly

But can I do it without bulkmanager? I can't ask for more money.

Nov 25, 2015 @ 07:05
    AmandaEly

I have created virtual folders by year and by race event in the media dashboard. If I split up the actual media folder in this way, how would I manage the file urls from, say, typedmedia?

• blackhawk 313 posts 1368 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 15:24
    blackhawk

Has this ever been resolved? Just curious.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 15:51
    Ismail Mayat

we had this issue on a site with over 500gb of images in media section. There was one to one mapping with models (male / female) and other properties on the models namely which division they belonged to.

So when you create a new content model node we tap into the save event and create corresponding media folder for them with sub folders depending on the divisions they belong to. Editors then create images in the appropriate sub folders.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft