Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vishal Kumar Singh 3 posts 83 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 18:03
    Vishal Kumar Singh

Is Umbraco really free of cost?

Dear friends

I am new to umbraco and I develop small sites for customers and clients. Now I want to be more specific with some pre-built packages like DNN, Umbraco etc.

Is Umbraco really free of cost to deploy into clients domain. I mean can I create site (small sized), to build websites for my clients. Indeed if client asks for paid version, then only I can buy Umbraco, but there is catch again. Is umbraco free or paid or there is any perpetual license (one time fee).

Actually I don't run large business to go for monthly subscription (that's the main reason for posting question of this sort).

Can someone explain or help me to start my web career on Umbraco.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 18:07
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yes.

You never have to pay for it.

• Vishal Kumar Singh 3 posts 83 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 18:11
    Vishal Kumar Singh

Thanks friend

Then why in umbraco's website there is plan starting at EUR 89 (Standard).

Why there are monthly plans. Is that more advanced or what?

And can I built intranet and web portals where we can perform some data management task through it. Like inventory management for a shop or web-based Point of sale for my client

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 18:33
    Phill

Vishal, the Plans you're referring to are if you want to use Umbraco as a Service (UaaS). This means that they will provide you with the hosting of the site, support and maintenance. If you have your own server/host that meets Umbraco requirements then there are no additional costs, but if you're looking for a place to host your sites then consider UaaS as an option. You can also pay for support plans where you with get support from Umbrao HQ but again Umbraco itself has no costs (there are some Packages/Add-ons that aren't free, but most are).

Hope that clarifies a bit more.

Phill

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 19, 2015 @ 18:23
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You can do just about anything you want, Umbraco is built on top of MVC and AngularJS. For eCommerce check out Merchello (also free and also MIT licensed).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft