Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Sep 09, 2015 @ 19:04
    Anders Brohus

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id' - Umbraco 7

Hi guys .. :)

I currently have a problem :/ Because i got a website on a "developer" server at Azure, and i got to get it from the developer server to the "live" server that is not hosted at Azure...

But when i export the data from the Azure database to my new database the frontend works and i can see all my data, BUT when i'm trying to save anything it's not saving and if i try create a new node i get an error

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'zbc-backup-090915.dbo.umbracoLog'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

I can't figure out what's wrong :/

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 05:15
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Probably you didn't export the IDENTITY on the id-columns. You can probably check this box somewhere when exporting.

Good luck, Jeffrey

Sep 10, 2015 @ 06:44
    Anders Brohus

Found a way to do it, with the export/import tool in MSSQL Mangement Studio :)

When you can select which tables you want, click the "Edit Mappings", and then you can take the Identity columns with the export/import :)

Okay it didn't work :/

• Gabriel Massaro 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 27, 2017 @ 11:04
    Gabriel Massaro

Did you get this to work? I have the same issue, due to an export/import from another database.

Thanks for your help

Jan 03, 2018 @ 08:03
    Anders Brohus

Yeah i used the SQL tools (Schema comparison and Data comparison) in Visual Studio and then it worked :)

First Schema and then Data :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft