Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saied 349 posts 674 karma points
    Sep 04, 2015 @ 16:06
    Saied

Having a view post back to itself with a different view. Am I doing it correctly?

OK,

So I am doing something that doesn't feel right, but I am not sure what my options are or what are the better ways. This is an high level overview at first so you can see what I am trying to achieve:

In my backoffice, I have the following structure:

• Home
      • Products
        • Product

When the user goes to the /products page, they form to search for products first, so what I did was put this search form in a partial view called ProductFilter.cshtml in my views\partials\ folder. When the user clicks submit, I have another view SearchResults.cshtml that is located in views\ProductFilter\.

In my ProductFilterController, I have the following code which passes the model to the SearchResults view, however, since SearchResults is not a template in Umbraco, the /products page gets posted with the search results, which works, but I am not sure if this is a good thing to do. Also, when the user clicks the browser refresh, it posts again.

[HttpPost]
        public ActionResult SearchResults(ProductFilterModel productFilterModel)
        {
            var db = new Database("productsDb");

var productSearchResultsModel = new ProductSearchResultsModel
            {
                ProductFilterModel = productFilterModel,
                Products = db.Fetch<ProductViewModel>(@"SELECT * 
                                                        FROM Products")
            };

return View(productSearchResultsModel);
        }

Thanks, Saied

Please Sign in or register to post replies