Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chad 25 posts 196 karma points
    Aug 27, 2015 @ 15:13
    Chad

Multinode treepicker in a LeBlender editor

Hello,

I have a document type where have multiple properties (itemIcon, itemTitle, itemOverview, etc...) within it. I need to have these "widgets" be able to be used within the Umbraco grid using LeBlender, used across different pages in the site - think sidebar promos, pre-footer promos, and so forth.

I've created a data type of "Feature Box" which uses the multinode treepicker, and then in the Grid Editor/LeBlender Editor I've added a property of "Feature Selector" that uses my feature box as the data type.

All is good where I can select the node that I want to load content from, but where I'm stuck now is how do I actually render those properties (the itemIcon, itemTitle, etc) within the view for the Feature Selector?

I've been searching examples on how to render content from the treepicker but I can't get anything to work when it's within LeBlender. I've tried going with @item.GetValue("itemTitle") and var itemTitle = Model.Items.First().GetValue<dynamic>("itemTitle"); <p>@itemTitle</p> with no success.

Could anyone please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

• Chad 25 posts 196 karma points
    Sep 09, 2015 @ 04:27
    Chad

I was able to figure this out after a lot of research combined with trial and error. Here is how I was able to get the properties from the content/document type, I hope it helps if anyone else runs in to this!

@inherits UmbracoViewPage<Lecoati.LeBlender.Extension.Models.LeBlenderModel>

@{
      var item = Model.Items.ElementAt(0);
      var boxPicker = item.GetValue<string>("featureBoxPicker");

if (!string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(boxPicker))
      {
        var boxList = boxPicker.Split(new[] { "," }, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries).Select(int.Parse);
        var calloutBox = Umbraco.TypedContent(boxList);

if (calloutBox != null)
        {    
          foreach (var piece in calloutBox)
          {
            var itemLink = piece.GetPropertyValue<dynamic>("itemLink");

<div class="feature-box" style="background-image: url(@Umbraco.TypedMedia(piece.GetPropertyValue<string>("itemBgImg")).Url);">
              <div class="details">
                <i class="@piece.GetPropertyValue("itemIcon")"></i>
                <h3>@piece.GetPropertyValue("itemTitle")</h3>
                <p>@piece.GetPropertyValue("itemOverview")</p>
                <p><a href="@itemLink.url" target="@itemLink.target">Learn More</a></p>
              </div>
            </div>
          }
        }
      }
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft