Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 02:13
    Nigel Wilson

Editing a User Returns: Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

Hi there

I recently deployed some changes to our V.7.2.1 site and now when trying to edit a user (clicking on their name in the left hand column) I am getting the following errors:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected number Uncaught ReferenceError: jQurey is not defined (x7) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'mainTree' of undefined

The site is hosted on the Azure platform and has been fine. I am having no problems on our dev / test sites, just the cloud based one.

I have completed a comparison of the bin directory and reuploaded the umbraco and umbraco_client directories, but this hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas ?

Thanks Nigel

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Aug 24, 2015 @ 19:14
    Nigel Wilson

OK so the issue has been tracked down to ClientDependency - thanks to Lee Kelleher

When enabling debug mode there are no problems when updating a user (more specifically resetting their password). However once debug mode is disabled, the issue returns.

Obviously we don't want debug enabled in a production environment, and it isn't practical to keep turning it off / on when needing to edit users.

Does anyone know who to fix this issue ?

Thanks

Nigel

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    May 17, 2017 @ 07:40
    Garry Bain

Hello,

I am receiving this error when I have published my files to my dev environment, but it seems to work fine when I have run it locally - could anyone direct me on how to go about debugging this issue?

Thanks, Garry

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft