Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bart Kuijpers 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 12:26
    Bart Kuijpers

'NetworkError: 403 Forbidden' at random times

Hey There!

I installed the latest umbraco CMS last week and now I get Random 'NetworkError: 403 Forbidden' errors. when I refresh the page the error dissapears but can appear on a different file elsewhere.

My hosting partner help could reproduce the error at francienkuypers.nl but didn't had the solution for my problem.

The hosting partner is mijnhostingpartner.nl, i did install umbraco with a MySql server5.x database. The exact version of umbraco is 'Umbraco version 7.2.8 assembly: 1.0.5675.23466'

At the hosting service I set all permissions to read and write at, for example, the media folder, but still the random error shows up with files from the media folder.

Someone with the same issues? Or someone who can tell me what I did wrong or just did forget to install or set in the config?

Thnx in advance!

• Steve Edson 16 posts 91 karma points
    Jun 22, 2017 @ 15:41
    Steve Edson

Hey, I realise this is nearly 2 years old now, but did you ever resolve this issue? I've started getting the exact same thing on Umbraco version 7.5.3.

Thanks!

• Steve Edson 16 posts 91 karma points
    Jul 05, 2017 @ 13:00
    Steve Edson

So, after some more digging, I came across this:

http://www.creativeclr.com/blog/getting-random-iis-403-errors-on-static-files-and-how-to-fix-it

It turns out that "Dynamic IP restriction" was enabled, this was effectively rate limiting my requests. When I opened the Umbraco backend, all the JS and Ajax requests would cause the limiting to kick into effect, which is why I started getting sporadic and random errors that were hard to replicate.

Hopefully this will help someone else in future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft