Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 13:37
    Simon

Umbraco Forms - Custom Workflows for Members

Hi,

I am using Umbraco version 7.2.6 and need to register members, etc.. and also edit member details etc.

I would like that after registration, emails will be sent accordingly and I can see that it can be done using Umbraco forms. But I would like to have custom workflows like

• Save as Umbraco Member
    • Edit Umrbaco Member Profile
    • etc..

Does anyone can help me out?

Thank you in advanced.

Kind Regards.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 14:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Simon,

Have you seen the documentation for Umbraco Forms about how to creating a new custom workflow type.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Workflowtype

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 21, 2015 @ 19:18
    Simon

Yes Dennis,

I have seen the documentation but I don't know how can I implement the custom workflows for the mentioned task, related to Members.

Are there are help out there, or a package which will extend umbraco forms with Umbraco 7.2.6, Please?

Thank yoou.

Kind Regards.

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 21:38
    Mike Chambers

http://www.nibble.be/?p=205

On the old contour package, but should be translatable into the retitled forms version...

Jul 22, 2015 @ 08:06
    Simon

Hi Mike,

I am using Umbraco Forms, so for example I need to change such override methods such as Execute instead of Submit, ValidateSettings intead of Validate, class inhertis from Umbraco.Forms.Core.WorkflowType.

Am I right? And does the code inside methods might affect or need to be changed accordingly?

thank you.

Appreciate

Kind Regards.

Jul 27, 2015 @ 07:01
    Simon

Hi Mike,

The provided link does not satisfy my needs, because all I want is custom workflows for umbraco forms which can I include in order to extend member actions, like registration more likely.

Because I want the user to create the fields that he wants and then there will be a custom workflow which will create the member and also within the same workflow will send emails to the company and the client that registered.

Any ideas how I can accomplish it please?

thank you :)

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Jul 29, 2015 @ 08:41
    Mike Chambers

It's a little confusing as to what you are trying to accomplish...

Are you wanting a frontend user to sign up as a member from the front end of the website.. and have a contour form and custom workflow for that.

Or are you wanting umbraco admin users to add members via the back office and then have a workflow off the back of the member creation?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft