Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Douglas Ramalho 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 13:08
    Douglas Ramalho

Problems of validation with mandatory property

Hello everyone .

I created a Data Type , using the Image Cropper as my Property editor, after that, I use the Data Type as property in one of my document types, and I checked the " Mandatory " .

When I try save the node without insert an image in my property , Umbraco always save the node , but not publish him , and after saving the system returns an error message Informing that " Property has errors " how we expected .

The big problem is that this is wrong , because the property is Mandatory , and Umbraco should validate this Image Crooper to save.

I tried use the Content Service to cancel the event save when the property is null, but after cancel in ContentService_Saving method the user is redirect to an url like "umbraco/#/content /content/edit/0 " , and the entire page is blank.

How can I cancel the save of a node with a data type Cropper Image That Is mandatory ? but I need to do this without redirect the user to a blank page .

void ContentService_Saving(IContentService sender, SaveEventArgs<IContent> e)
        {
            foreach (var item in e.SavedEntities.Where(o => o.ContentType.Alias.Equals("DinamoCliente")))
            {
                if (!item.IsNewEntity())
                {
                    if (item.HasProperty("logo"))
                    {
                        if (item.GetValue("logo") != null)
                        {
                            dynamic a = Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<dynamic>(item.GetValue("logo").ToString());

e.Cancel = !(a != null && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(a.src));
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            e.Cancel = true;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }

• Flavio Henrique Moura Stakoviak 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 14:37
    Flavio Henrique Moura Stakoviak

Hi Douglas,

I think it's not possible to do what you intend to.

I recommend you reading Umbraco Documentation in order to understand post validation workflow.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft