Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    May 06, 2015 @ 05:12
    Chris Mahoney

Where has "Edit HTML Source" gone in 7?

Hi,

I'm trying out Umbraco 7.2.4 after several years of using versions 4 and 6.

In 4 and 6, the Richtext Editor had a extensive toolbar with about 25 tools on it by default, including "Edit HTML Source". I use this feature frequently.

In 7, the default toolbar only has eight tools and I can't figure out how to customise it. Developer > Data types > Richtext editor looks similar to how it did in 6, but the toolbar doesn't seem to respect these settings (the "code" option is enabled, as are several others that don't appear on the actual toolbar).

The screenshots in the Umbraco 7 Editor's Manual show a toolbar that looks a lot more like the old one with plenty of tools, but the one I'm getting with my fresh install of 7.2.4 is significantly smaller. Is there an option somewhere that lets me bring the "big" one back? Or is there some way to customise the small one? It seems that I'm missing something really obvious here...

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 06, 2015 @ 09:09
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Chris, 

Did you see a symbol like this <> in the rich text editor ribbon, if you click this then you should be able to edit the HTMl source. You can choose which options should be avaible for the content users by go to the developer section --> Data Types --> Rich text edtior.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis 

May 06, 2015 @ 22:08
    Chris Mahoney

Nope, there is no <> symbol (just Formats, Bold, Italic, Align left, Align centre, Bullet list, Numbered list and Insert/edit link). As noted in my first post, Data Types > Rich text editor already has "code" (and many other options) selected.

Edit: Insert Macro is an even more critical one but it's not there either!

May 08, 2015 @ 01:12
    Chris Mahoney

I have found it! The configuration is in Data types > Grid TextPage in 7.2.4.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft