Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 17:41
    Ben Palmer

New Row Configuration not Showing

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Umbraco and I'm trying to layout a website with the Grid Layout property editor. All is going pretty well but I think I've run in to a bug but it's possible that I'm justing missing something.

So I've set up a Grid Layout property editor with a couple of row configurations allowed. I set up a home page and started by choosing a layout then added some rows. All working great but now it's time to add a new row configuration option to the layout I've selected. I've been through the Data Type I created, set up the new row configuration and enabled it.

If I go to a page and select the layout, I can choode from the previous two rows and the new row. However, when I go to my home page, the new row configuration doesn't show up. I think this is because I've already selected a layout for the page and put content in there.

The trouble is now I want to add that new row config to the page, I can't do so without starting fresh and recreating the page again.

I know this can't be how it's supposed to be so what am I missing here?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 25, 2015 @ 13:12
    Dennis Aaen

Hi 0Neji and welcome to Our :-)

Have you seen the documentation about how to work with the Grid layout, if not then you can find the documentation here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Grid-Layout and https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Using-Umbraco/Backoffice-Overview/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Grid-Layout-Best-Practices.

If you have access to the Umbraco TV, then you can see a video chapter about the Grid layout http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/grid-layouts.

If you donĀ“t have access then I would recommend you to sign up, you can see the different plans here http://umbraco.tv/plans-signup/ besides the videos about the grid layout, you can also find some videos that shows the basic concepts of working with Umbraco. Some of the video material are free to watch, and some requires that you subscribe to Umbrco TV, as you can see by access to Grid Layout chapter. http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

May 11, 2015 @ 17:09
    Ben Palmer

Thanks for the help!

I had read the docs but I've revisited this and figured out that it was an unfortunate glitch. I basically got rid of the grid I'd created and started fresh and it worked first time. I'm not sure how I caused the issue but happily, it's working for me now.

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 00:16
    Janet Kirklen

I have this same issue.  I want to add a row configuraiton to an existing Grid Layout Control.  However when I do this, any pages that already use this control do not display my new row config option.  So far the only way I've found to remedy this is to delete all of the existing rows from the page and start over or create a new page. Surely there is a better solution for this...

• Mike 18 posts 39 karma points
    Jul 29, 2015 @ 08:12
    Mike

I have the same issue. I add a new row layout to my grid but it only showed up as an option on new pages, not on existing pages. This feels like a bug. Also, if I tick the 'allow all row layouts' option, in the grid config, the option is unticked when I come back to it later.

• John Churchley 272 posts 1258 karma points c-trib
    Jul 29, 2015 @ 12:54
    John Churchley

Hi Mike,

What version of Umbraco are you using (there were quiet a few fixes in 7.2.5) ? I believe the issue might have been resolved as it's not happing for me now....

• Mike 18 posts 39 karma points
    Jul 29, 2015 @ 12:58
    Mike

We're running 7.2.6 so I guess, whatever the issue is, it's an intermittent problem :(

But thanks for your suggestion!

Jul 29, 2015 @ 13:08
    Ben Palmer

This is a definite bug but not one I've been able to recreate at all. I have an Umbraco build coming up so I'll be keeping an eye out for it again.

• Osman Coskun 164 posts 378 karma points
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 12:24
    Osman Coskun

I had the same bug in Umbraco 7.5.3. On another project Umbraco 7.5.4. i can update grid row configuration without any problems.

I upgraded to 7.5.8. but it does not upgrade row configurations even i update grid data type.

I guess it's a cache issue, but couldn't know how to fix.

Any helps?

• Osman Coskun 164 posts 378 karma points
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 12:34
    Osman Coskun

Stupid me :(

How couldn't i see the "Allow all configurations" option after choosing column layout.

• Dean Bullock 4 posts 106 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 20:58
    Dean Bullock

I am having this issue also.

I can add a new row configuration to an existing grid.

When I try and use this new row config I get the option to add it to my layout but it displays and renders the wrong row configuration.

I'm using version 7.6.3.

• Tiago 12 posts 94 karma points
    Jan 02, 2018 @ 10:00
    Tiago

Having this problem on 7.6.4, added a new row config and both this one and another, already existent and functional, config are rendering incorrectly.

Anybody have any idea why this could be? Any way to get this working?

• Simon Miller 13 posts 36 karma points
    May 29, 2018 @ 05:25
    Simon Miller

Still an issue with 7.10.4

How to replicate

1. Create a datatype for Grid Layout with One grid layout and One row type.
    2. Implement on a doctype and add content.
    3. Alter the datatype to add a second row type.
    4. Try to implement on the existing content node - see that only the first row type is available.
    5. Implement on a new content node - both row types are available.

Note that removing all rows from the grid on an existing node and pressing Publish, then reloading that page, will have no effect. You are still limited to the quantity of grid rows that existed at the time the page was created.

Work-around

Create a new page.

Obviously this work-aound is not acceptable on sites where there are hundreds of pages of content and you need to add a second row to existing pages.

• mattou07 15 posts 109 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 24, 2018 @ 20:03
    mattou07

I was having the same issue in 7.7.8 and found you can manually edit the grid data in:Umbraco\Views\propertyeditors\grid\config\grid.default.config.js.

I changed the sizes of the grid values and for my case, it was the case of changing a few numbers but it might be quite tedious if you did more complex changes.

• Richard Hamilton 36 posts 158 karma points
    Dec 09, 2019 @ 11:23
    Richard Hamilton

I'm using 8.2 and still getting a similar issue

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 12, 2020 @ 12:32

Also experiencing this on latest v7, has anyone reported this on the issue tracker yet?

• Richard Hamilton 36 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 12, 2020 @ 14:46
    Richard Hamilton

Its because the row is built from the current saved row, not from the configuration - weird, I know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft