Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Apr 11, 2015 @ 07:56
    Terry Clancy

Extend Umbraco BackOffice logout/timeout & avoiding logout/timeout after loosing focus

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to

(1) Extend Umbraco BackOffice logout timeout generally

(2) Avoid BackOffice TimeOut / Logout after loosing focus on the Browser window.  When i I have 2 windows open and trying to work side by side. On one window i have Umbraco 7 backoffice open and when switch to different window and come back within a minute, I'm logged out.

Thanks

Terry Clancy

ClanceZ

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 11, 2015 @ 09:12
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Terry, 

1. You can extend Umbraco BackOffice logout timeout generally, by edit the umbracoTimeOutInMinutes key in the webconfig file. The standard value is 20, which mean that you need to re-login to the backoffice if you are inactive for more than 20 minutes. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/webconfig7#umbracoTimeOutInMinutes

2. Sounds a bit wired, and I donĀ“t have any good explanation why you are experience thism, but if I get some good ideas you could try I would let you know.

Hope this is useful,

/Dennis

• Jay 409 posts 635 karma points
    Nov 26, 2015 @ 17:15
    Jay

I've upgraded my copy to V7.3. But when the user timeout after the default 20 minutes. It doesn't redirect / show the Umbraco Login screen. Any idea what's wrong? So i have to manually refresh the browser to show the login screen.

Thanks

• AK 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 12, 2016 @ 20:57
    AK

We've recently upgraded to Umbraco 7.3 and our backoffice-users are always logged out in 15...20 minutes. We tried to change value of umbracoTimeOutInMinutes to different number of minutes but it looks like it has no effect. Can anybody help with the issue? In Umbraco 7.2.4 we didn't experience such troubles.

• Echo Train 16 posts 106 karma points
    Jan 28, 2016 @ 19:56
    Echo Train

We also have this problem on version 7.3.2. None of the suggested fixes we have dredged up have helped. As mentioned above, it often does not even last twenty minutes. At the risk of belaboring the obvious, it is very annoying.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 01:34
    Nicholas Westby

Could be this bug: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7495

TL;DR: You may be logged out if you have keepUserLoggedIn set to true and you have umbracoTimeOutInMinutes set to a large value.

It is marked as fixed, but I was able to reproduce the issue in Umbraco 7.3.5, and I don't see a fix for it in 7.3.6 (currently the latest version).

There is a new ticket that was created for the same issue that hasn't been marked as done yet: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7821

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft