Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 18:20
    James Jackson-South

SaveAndPublishWithStatus failing.

v7.2.1

Attempting to save an IContent instance using SaveAndPublishWithStatus I get.

Input string was not in a correct format

It looks like it's not parsing a number properly to me but everything should be ok. All the the values on my object are added as string values since I have no idea what types IContentBase.SetValue(string propertyAlias, object value); supports as the second parameter.

Stack trace containing the relevant parts.

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
       System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +14292453
       System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +305
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Factories.PropertyFactory.BuildDto(IEnumerable`1 properties) +602
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.PersistUpdatedItem(IContent entity) +2494
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.PersistUpdatedItem(IEntity entity) +251
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit(Action`1 transactionCompleting) +208
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.SaveAndPublishDo(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) +984
       SchoolsTogether.Logic.Controllers.DashboardEditPageController.SaveProject(IContent project, IContentService service, ProjectForm projectForm, HttpRequestBase request) :222

Any Ideas?

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 18:27
    Morten Bock

What does your doctype look like? It must have a property, where the value is stored as an int? And then the value you are passing cannot be parsed?

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 18:58
    James Jackson-South

Got it!

It's that old chestnut. Booleans as integers but not really cos they're string representations of those integers because reasons.

I feel like I'm playing Whack-a-Mole with craziness just now.

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 19:23
    Morten Bock

Ahh, yeah when storing data it's essential to be aware of how it will eventually be stored in the db.

I don't know if there is such a thing as value mappers when working with the IContent as there is with the IPublishedContent?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft