Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 01:38
    Craig100

Download all translation tasks as XML 0 words

Umb 7.2.2

Setting a site for translation into 13 languages. Horrified to find Download all translation tasks as XML contents to be only 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <tasks TotalWords="0" />

This is a disaster as the translators need this tonight. Is this to be expected or is there some setting somewhere I need to adjust?

If they can't do this they have hundreds of files to download individually and they can't tell which file is which language until they download them and look inside. (pretty bad really)

Any help appreciated.

Craig

Mar 12, 2015 @ 16:56
    Craig100

Was midnight panic. This was 0 words only when looking at tasks set by you. When logged in as the translator, you get the full XML. However, it would be very helpful if there were some indication in the list of idividual tasks as to which language the task is to be translated into.

I'm sending all tasks to the same user which is a translation agency. So, the interface might look ok if you're just doing one language per user but not if all languages go to the same user.

You don't get anything from the Download XML DTD link no matter who you're logged in as so not sure what it's there for. There seems to be no documentation to tell you what this is either.

The translation workflow is a great idea but could be tweaked to make it more manageable.

Confused.com

Craig

• Sean Sachen 31 posts 77 karma points
    Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:16
    Sean Sachen

I, too, get that when downloading as administrator, but I have far worse issues.  When logging in as the translator user, I can view the "tasks assigned to me" but that's about it.  If I click on Download all tranlsation tasks as XML, I get an object not set error.  When I do the same for Download DTD, I get a 404 error.  When I click the Translation details link for an item, I get the object not set error.  Same occurs when I click on the download xml link for a any line item.

Umbraco v 7.2.4

015-04-02 16:09:22,638 [50] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 138] An unhandled exception occurred

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Object.GetType()

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.translation.Translation.CountWords(Int32 DocumentId)

at umbraco.presentation.translation.xml.CreateTaskNode(Task t, XmlDocument xd)

at umbraco.presentation.translation.xml.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    May 07, 2015 @ 22:45
    Janet Kirklen

I am having the same issue after upgrading to 7.2.4 and wondering if there was a resolution for this issue.

May 08, 2015 @ 00:17
    Sean Sachen

I, too, would like an update as the client has an itch to get this done ASAP, but I can't give it to them.

Thanks.

Sean

May 08, 2015 @ 10:46
    Craig100

Any word from HQ on translation workflow tweaks ?  Looks like they'd be appreciated.

May 11, 2015 @ 20:14
    Sean Sachen

A quick update on our particular issue:
    It looks like you can send pages to translation and actually get to them without error if they are no lower than level 2.(0 being the root node/level).  All pages at level 3 or greater throw the object not set to an instance error.  I even tried deleting the tasks directly from the DB and doing a single level three node to translation and it still throws the error.

Surely there's some kind of update to this somewhere?

Thanks.

Sean 

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    May 22, 2015 @ 21:37
    Janet Kirklen

This is the issue we have created in case anyone on this tread wants to follow it.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6654

We thought that this might have been resolved in 7.5.2, but after an upgrade we are still getting the same error. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft