Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad 69 posts 97 karma points
    Dec 23, 2014 @ 17:24
    Brad

Content Not Actually Deleted

I have deleted some content in Umbraco through the tree view. But using the ContentService API these deleted content items still show up. If I manually put the edit ID into the URL I can pull up the deleted content. It looks like it has no parent? Also the recycle bin has been emptied.

Thanks for the help.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 23, 2014 @ 17:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brad

That sounds a bit weird - does it help if you go to the "CONTENT" node and right click and then choose "Republish entire site"?

That updates the XML cache found in /App_Data/umbraco.config. You could also check this file to see if the deleted entries are still in this file before refreshing the cache.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 23, 2014 @ 17:47
    Brad

I tried that and it still pulls them up. I also tried deleting umbraco.config to no avail. Also when poking around in the database I can see versions in the table cmsContent if I search by nodeId.

Edit: Please note this issue may be related to this other issue I am having http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/59933-contentServiceSave()-not-updating-content

Dec 23, 2014 @ 17:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brad

ok, what exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using?

/Jan

Dec 23, 2014 @ 17:53
    Brad

Hi Jan, Thanks for the continued help. Please note I did add an edit to my previous reply. I am using version 7.1.4

Dec 23, 2014 @ 17:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brad

Hmm, I don't see the edit anywhere if I search for 7.1.4 the only hit I get is from your latest post above. But never mind that...

So when you delete a node from a list view it does disappear from the listview and gets moved to the recycle bin but it remains in the umbraco xml cache.

If you delete nodes, that are not listed in a tree view do they then still appear or do they in fact disappear?

I'm thinking it could perhaps be permissions issues not allowing the umbraco.config to be updated when performing certain actions somehow maybe. Or it could be that the examine indexes are not being updated correctly perhaps...

Do you see any error messages in the browser console when you delete a node from a list view? Is there anything marked with ERROR or WARNING in the /app_data/logs file?

/Jan

• Mohsin Bhatti 14 posts 92 karma points
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 05:04
    Mohsin Bhatti

Hi

I am trying to delete some images and get the following error message, do you know why this error arise?

enter image description here

could you please help me it's urgent from client side?

we are using Umbraco version 7.1.4 version

when we select any page/image to delete from Recycle Bin. (below screenshot) enter image description here

After click ok button in console section one error generated regarding :

enter image description here

angular.min.js:106 POST http://www.boyerplanning.co.uk/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/DeleteById?id=2834 500 (Internal Server Error)

when we click on this link it's show message as : "The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."

However image/page deleted from CMS side

• Ronish Potiah 19 posts 171 karma points
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 13:06
    Ronish Potiah

Hi,

A quick solution is to check if the content is published using the content API and retrieve only published contents.

For e.g.

var pages = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.ContentService.GetContentOfType("pages").Where(x => x.Published));

However, depending on your scenario the best way is to retrieve contents from the cache rather than using APIs since it will hit the database. Use UmbracoHelper and it will retrieve only published contents from the cache.

Hope this helps, Ronish

• Mohsin Bhatti 14 posts 92 karma points
    Sep 05, 2017 @ 07:26
    Mohsin Bhatti

Hi Ronish,

Sorry to say that it was not help us. we still facing this issue. could we update the umbraco version? why error would not display any error message content so we find correct problem of this.

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Jul 02, 2019 @ 07:54
    Damien Holley

+1 to this

Check to see if your user group has rights to delete the root node. If not then enable it on the root node and it may allow the delete.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft