Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Beaugié 28 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 20:28
    Nick Beaugié

Can't display list view after upgrade to 7.2.0

After upgrading my site to 7.2.0 I was unable to view any of my "News Item" nodes under my "News Overview" in the content editor.

I could still view the News Overview document in content editor, but when clicking on it, I got the error message:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Failed to retrieve data for content id 1102

Now, there was no useful information in the logs at all. However, I played around and managed to get the content editing working again by unticking the "Enable list view" check box in the Structure tab of Document Type editor.

My editors can now manage news items again, but now can no longer do so with the rather useful list view - they just view the items as nodes under the tree.

I'd obviously like to get the list view functionality back.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 14, 2014 @ 20:48
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nick,

There is a bug reported on the issue tracker about Failed to retrieve data for content id so try to see the bug report here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4591 Could it be something simliar that you have an issue with.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Dec 14, 2014 @ 20:53
    Nick Beaugié

Thanks Dennis. I found that bug report too.

I did not want to go down the road of hacking database values.

After finding a workaround that can be done through the back office, I thought I'd post it here in case it helps others.

And perhaps it can be repeated by those investigating this bug.

Dec 15, 2014 @ 22:12
    Nick Beaugié

I solved the problem!

It was because of an error in how I updated my live site. The website changes had been applied, but evidently there have been some database updates for 7.2. These were applied to my local version, but when I updated the live website, the DB changes were not applied.

I set the umbracoConfigurationStatus appSetting value back to the previous version number. This then brought on the upgrade page and my site now works fine.

Doh!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft