Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Markus Johansson 1909 posts 5733 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 16:16
    Markus Johansson

Error when opening doc types after upgrade to 7.2

Hi!

I just upgraded to V7.2 and when I try to open a document type in the back office a I get this error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.SetupCompositionsPane() +2017
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) +74
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +290
       System.Web.UI.d__0.MoveNext() +277
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +93
       System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +52
       System.Web.Util.WithinCancellableCallbackTaskAwaiter.GetResult() +30
       System.Web.UI.d__14.MoveNext() +2353

When i upgrades (using nuget) I got this error:

& : File D:\.....\Development\src\packages\UmbracoCms.7.2.0\tools\install.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system.

For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.

At line:1 char:3

+ & 'D:\.....Development\src\packages\UmbracoCms.7.2.0\tools\instal ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: (:) [], PSSecurityException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess

Anyone seen this or have any idea on what could be the problem?

• Markus Johansson 1909 posts 5733 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 16:40
    Markus Johansson

Probably something went wrong during my update (as the error from the console indicats). I just ran an 

update-package UmbracoCms -reinstall

To reinstall the package. I also followed this thread (errors when having resharper installed) https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RSRP-405915 which helped.

Now its working =D 

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 20:25
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi,

We have the same issue.

Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 20:37
    Alex Skrypnyk
    ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 7] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.Controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.<LoadRecursiveAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Util.WithinCancellableCallbackTaskAwaitable.WithinCancellableCallbackTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestMainAsync>d__14.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestMainAsync>d__14.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__10.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__2c.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
       at ASP.umbraco_members_editmembertype_aspx.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult ar) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\38d969d2\29e3a0d\App_Web_editmembertype.aspx.590a8cbd.h79umsjg.0.cs:line 0
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 05:23
    Daniel Bardi

Same issue after upgrade... works fine in a local environment, but broken when deployed.

Issue occures when requesting  /umbraco/settings/editNodeTypeNew.aspx 

• René 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 10:50
    René

We have just upgraded and face the same issue.

I'm afraid the exception doesn't provide too much detail that allows us to make some changes on our own.

I have raised the bug here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6084

• Aixa 2 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 15:48
    Aixa

Hello all,

(POSSIBLE SOLUTION)

I hope it works for some of you! or it helps to get closer to the solution.

here I've got the same issue once we updated the version to the 7.2.1.

The thing is that it works for two of my colleagues but it doesn't work on my localhost nor production evironment. But... good news! my boss got it to work in production. What did he do?

Steps to follow:

Exit IIS Express (just in case you are doing it in localhost)

Go to the project folder ..\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes and delete the three folders inside it (External, Internal, Internalmember), this will be recreated once you run the app again. After doing this you have to run the app and enter in the backend and republish the entire site again. (Content->do something else -> Republish entire site. It worked in production, I'm still struggling... so i don't know if there is anything else I'm missing in my localhost.

At least it's worth to try!

Good luck! and keep me updated!

Regards,

Aixa

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 17:04
    Kieron McIntyre

Don't know if it helps anyone but this happened to me after I installed uIconsy. This package replaces the file /umbraco/controls/ContentTypeControlNew.ascx and it was this that was causing the NullReferenceException.

You can do one of two things. You could re-add the following code at around line 90 (before the closing asp:panel tag) and this should fix the error:

<cc2:Pane ID="Pane9" runat="server">
        <cc2:PropertyPanel ID="pp_compositions" runat="server" Text="ContentType Compositions">
            <asp:CheckBoxList ID="lstContentTypeCompositions" runat="server" EnableViewState="True"/>
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="PlaceHolderContentTypeCompositions" runat="server"/>
        </cc2:PropertyPanel>
    </cc2:Pane>

However, this isn't great since we're losing many of the updates that have been made to the core file, so it may be safer to just revert to the original file and add the following code to the bottom, which I think is the only change uIconsy really needs to make to this file:

<script>
    // this is a ui hack to show the image icon on the doctype.
    $(function(){
        // get icon        
        var icon = $('.umbIconDropdownList i');
        var cssClass = icon.attr('class');
        if (cssClass.indexOf('.') == -1){
            // icon not a file, so do nothing
            return;
        }

// icon is a file, so let's show it!
        //background-image:url(' + path + ');padding-left:20px;background-repeat:no-repeat;
        var path = '/umbraco/images/umbraco/' + cssClass;
        icon.css('background-image', 'url('+ path +')');
        icon.css('background-repeat', 'no-repeat');
        icon.css('padding-left', '20px');

});
    </script>

• Aixa 2 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 17:35
    Aixa

Yessss! Kieron!! thank you very much!! 

Adding this to my code as you suggested it's finally working!

<cc2:Pane ID="Pane9"runat="server">

<cc2:PropertyPanel ID="pp_compositions"runat="server" Text="ContentType Compositions">

<asp:CheckBoxList ID="lstContentTypeCompositions"runat="server" EnableViewState="True"/>

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="PlaceHolderContentTypeCompositions"runat="server"/>

</cc2:PropertyPanel>
    </cc2:Pane>
  • Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 19:11
    Kieron McIntyre

My pleasure!

Grab the code from the 7.2.1 tag: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/release-7.2.1/src/Umbraco.Web.UI/umbraco/controls/ContentTypeControlNew.ascx

And add the script from my previous comment at the bottom. This will give you all the drag and drop features in the frame.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft