Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 14:56
    Sebastian Dammark

Publish / Save button is gone ?

Somehow the Publish/Save button has disappeared for this user.

I've tried setting the user to Administrator and Editor but nothing changes.

How is this possible and how do I reset permissions for a specific user ?

I'm running: Umbraco version 7.1.6 assembly: 1.0.5350.25714

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 15:03
    Sebastian Dammark

From posting this and until now the button has reappeared.

I've done absolutely nothing :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 17:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sebastian

That's really odd - Have you checked the /app_data/logs file to see if it reveals anything useful?

/Jan

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 04:59
    Atoosa Khoda

Anyone has any update on this? I have the same issue. The save button is missing for all NON admin users and only when creating a new content. on existing content nodes, there's no problem. my log says:

ERROR Umbraco.Core.Dynamics.DynamicInstanceHelper - [Thread 21] An error occurred finding and executing extension method "MediaById" for type "Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContent". Types searched for extension methods were Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContent. System.MissingMethodException: Method 'Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContent.MediaById' not found. at Umbraco.Core.Dynamics.DynamicInstanceHelper.FindAndExecuteExtensionMethod[T](T thisObject, Object[] args, String name, IEnumerable1 findMethodsOnTypes) at Umbraco.Core.Dynamics.DynamicInstanceHelper.TryInvokeMember[T](T thisObject, InvokeMemberBinder binder, Object[] args, IEnumerable1 findExtensionMethodsOnTypes)

I'm on Umbraco 7.2.1.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 05:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Atoosha

I'm afraid not - Just wondering what the setup for you NON admin users looks like? Have they been revoked access to existing nodes somehow? What type of users are they?

/Jan

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 07:01
    Atoosa Khoda

OK. I know why it does it. By NON Admin users i meant users who have limited access. e.g: don't have "publish" right and can only "send to publish/approval".

In this case i din't give users a "Create" right at "User Type" level, but at "User" level. and that's when i see problem not having a Save button on creation.

This must be Umbraco 7 thing, it was working in Umbraco 4.7.1.

To fix this i had to change my user type arrangement a bit. I gave them access to "Create" at the "User Type" level. that means Create for all nodes. This is not an issue with us but could be a potential issue with some organisations where Create should be only allowed for certain nodes and not all.

• Sunshine Lewis 31 posts 140 karma points c-trib
    Jul 08, 2015 @ 21:24
    Sunshine Lewis

Thank you for the explanation/workaround Atoosa!

There is a issue open for this issues.umbraco.org

U4-5433 Created User unable to Create content if Permissions have been customised.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft