Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 16:11
    Proxicode

Angular error on login screen

When I try to login to my site I see this.

(I removed my login name just for the screenshot)

Notice there is no error displayed as there would be if the username or password was incorrect.

enter image description here

The user object is invalid, the remainingAuthSeconds is required. angular.min.js:63
    (anonymous function) angular.min.js:63
    (anonymous function) angular.min.js:54
    i angular.min.js:79
    (anonymous function) angular.min.js:80
    e.$eval angular.min.js:92
    e.$digest angular.min.js:90
    e.$apply angular.min.js:92
    j angular.min.js:101
    r angular.min.js:104
    v.onreadystatechange

My tracelog shows this

2014-09-05 07:53:03,970 [39] INFO  Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity - [Thread 48] User Id: 0 logged in

I downloaded my site locally and ran it in Visual Studio and did not see this issue. So I updated the site to the latest stable release at this time (7.1.5) and have no issues locally...but when I redeploy I still have the issue so clearly it's some sort of server/environment setting, but I can't find it. I'm leaning towards some type of permission issue, however out of frustration I set all folders to read/write just for testing and still no luck.

Interestingly - despite the login appearing to fail, if I manually remove the "#/login/false" from the url and navigate to just /umbraco I do get the CMS UI sort of...

enter image description here

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

-Roger

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 17:06
    Proxicode

After a bit more Googling I found that others having this issue, all have Helicon Ape installed on their server. It turns out that I do too.

Some posts indicate that the solution is to uninstall it (not just disable it). It is a control panel/hosted environment for me so I can not completely uninstall it, but I do have it disabled.

I read that this was resolved in 7.1.1+ however I still have the issue.

*UPDATE - There is an extensive thread about this issue here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4509

Bottom line is that Helicon Ape installs an incompatible version of the Newtonsoft.Json.dll into the GAC which trumps the one in the bin folder. In order to solve this problem we need to deploy either a higher version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll in our bin folder or we need to install the original Newtonsoft.Json.dll version 6.0.0.0 in the GAC. Obviously, a version 7.0.0.0 is not yet available. Uninstalling Helicon Ape might also be an option.*

Thanks

-Roger

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 10:48
    David Conlisk

Hi all,

I had this error because I set the umbracoTimeoutInMinutes app setting to zero in my web.config. Oops. Resetting it to a positive integer fixes the problem - worth checking if you're having this issue.

Thanks,

David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft