Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ianhoughton 281 posts 605 karma points c-trib
    May 16, 2014 @ 09:40
    ianhoughton

Custom control in backoffice dashboard

I'm working on a new v7 site, and need to add a custom control to interact with a seperate database. Every example I've seen so far (like this one here) shows how to setup a custom tree with angular, but I don't need the custom tree interaction.

I've added a new dashboard tab to the content section as I would in v4 & v6, but what is the best way to add my control and interact with it ?

• bob singh 47 posts 126 karma points
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 11:36
    bob singh

Hi Ian,

I am trying to do this as well, from my limited knowledge and correct me if I am wrong the dashboard item can only call a usercontrol.

Bob

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 11:52
    Sören Deger

Hi bob,

the dashboard in umbraco 7 can only contains custom property editors based on AngularJS. So you can create your own custom property editor and link this in the dashboard.config file.

This should be a good starting point for you:
    https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Extending-Umbraco/Property-Editors/creating-tutorial1-v7

Best,

Sören

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 13:29
    Kevin Jump

Hi Bob,

there are (at least) two ways to make a dashboard tab

you can create a user control (ascx file) and point the tab to that in the dashboard.config section, they you just have your control running in umbraco, so you can show what you need.

you can do it with Angular and HTML files (again pointing to them from the dashboard.config, you will need some WebAPI things to bind the data to so you can get and retrieve things - they don't have to be on umbraco if that's not where your data is coming from.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft