Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sarah 40 posts 104 karma points
    Jan 26, 2014 @ 02:42
    Sarah

Embed not working in 7.0.2

Hi guys,

I'm trying out my first v7 install today, 7.0.2. I love it! Everyone that has worked on it, you've done a great job :)

I'm having a problem with the embed function in the RTE though. I'm pasting in a URL to a YouTube video, and I'm getting a computer says no error.

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/UmbracoApi/RteEmbed/GetEmbed

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 01:35
    Sebastiaan Janssen

We're aware of the issue and are fixing it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4132

• Tony Kiernan 278 posts 341 karma points
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 17:18
    Tony Kiernan

And there was me thinking I'd broken something

• Sarah 40 posts 104 karma points
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 18:10
    Sarah

Same here Tony!

Thanks for the update Sebastiaan. It's a great feature of the new RTE so looking forward to the update to try it out for myself :)

Feb 03, 2014 @ 16:29
    Sebastiaan Janssen

FYI: 7.0.3 was released this morning, if you're on 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 it's a super easy upgrade (basically overwrite the /bin /install /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders, step through the installer and you're done).

http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2014/2/3/released-umbraco-703.aspx

• Peter Holmsgaard 69 posts 106 karma points
    Mar 03, 2014 @ 08:46
    Peter Holmsgaard

Hey Sebastiaan

Just upgraded from 7.0.2 to 7.0.4 and I now get a different error. I get a JS error from angular in the console

1. No url found for api name embedApiBaseUrl angular.min.js:63

What's up?

Mar 03, 2014 @ 09:00
    Sebastiaan Janssen

How did you upgrade? Did you follow the instructions on the download page? Most importantly:

Google Chrome has notoriously aggressive caching, so if something doesn't seem to work well in the backoffice, make sure to clear cache and cookies thoroughly (for other browsers as well).

One way to nudge the cache in Chrome is to open the developer tools (F12) and go to the settings (the cog icon). There will be a checkbox that says "Disable cache (while DevTools is open)". Once this checkbox is on you can refresh the page and the cache should be invalidated. To force it even more, the "reload" button next to your address bar now has extra options when you right-click it. It should have "Normal reload", "Hard reload" and "Empty cache and hard reload" now. The last option is the most thorough and you might want to try that.

We're working on making this experience better and seamless, but for now make sure to follow these steps for v7 upgrades.

• Antony Bingham 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 05, 2014 @ 16:01
    Antony Bingham

Hi, Im on Umbraco 7.1.4 and am getting "computer says no" error when trying to embed a youtube video in the RTE, I saw that it had previously been fixed 7.0.4.  Can anyone help?

• Bridgette 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 12, 2014 @ 14:44
    Bridgette

Greetings!  I'm running U 7.1.1 and experiencing the same "computer says no" error when trying to embed a Youtube video via RTE. Any solutions?

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Jul 23, 2014 @ 11:25
    Ferdy Hoefakker

I am also currently having this issue. Strange thing is, it worked fine earlier =\

-Ferdy

Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:01
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Seems to work in 7.1.4, what version are you on Ferdy?

Remember that this relies on OEmbed services being available on YouTube's end, maybe they had an outage.

I've added proper logging to the embed method so as of 7.1.5+ we actually get some more information on why it didn't work.

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:15
    Ferdy Hoefakker

I am indeed using 7.1.4. and everything seems fine now. It seems it was indeed a youtube outage. I had no idea it required that. I stumbled upon it while testing something, googled for a cause and found this topic, making me think it was something more common :P

In any case, thanks!

-Ferdy

Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Check out EmbeddedMedia.config ;-)

• UmbracoNewb 31 posts 53 karma points
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 07:51
    UmbracoNewb

I have a site on 7.1.6 which also gives me a "Computer says no" when trying to embed a Youtube link into the RTE.

I have tried to OEmbed the url, like: http://www.youtube.com/oembed?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wJfNTqbOAA

Which return a valid result.

Can it be a server setting?

UPDATE

Found this in the logs:

2015-09-02 10:13:23,903 [10] ERROR Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.RteEmbedController - [Thread 37] Error embedding url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wJfNTqbOAA - width: 360 height: 240 System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at Umbraco.Web.Media.EmbedProviders.AbstractOEmbedProvider.GetXmlResponse(String url) at Umbraco.Web.Media.EmbedProviders.OEmbedVideo.GetMarkup(String url, Int32 maxWidth, Int32 maxHeight) at Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.RteEmbedController.GetEmbed(String url, Int32 width, Int32 height)

Sep 04, 2015 @ 12:03
    UmbracoNewb

Update again:

Vimeo is working, but Youtube isn't!? I have compared EmbedMedia.config with another installation, where youtube works and there are no differences.

Sep 08, 2015 @ 08:15
    UmbracoNewb

Got it fixed!

Port 443 was closed for all outgoing traffic on the server. Youtube forwards all traffic to SSL, so port 443 needs to be open.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft