Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 25, 2014 @ 11:01
    Frank

2-factor authentication

Does Umbraco support 2-factor authentication, e.g. password + email, password + sms? Or is there such a package for Umbraco? 

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 25, 2014 @ 15:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Frank,

You can create your own authentication mechanism.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Jan 25, 2014 @ 15:57
    Fuji Kusaka

If am not mistaken you can make use of contour as well to get this working.

Jan 30, 2014 @ 05:25
    Frank

Thanks alex! How do I create my own authentication mechanism? Is there any sample that I can follow?

Jan 30, 2014 @ 05:28
    Frank

Fuji, I have checked out contour, but not sure how it can be implemented for my case. Is there any example? 

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 07:57
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Frank,

Well you can make use of contour member tools where you will be able to edit, change password or any other field.

For a start you will need to create a member type under the members section where you will add all the fields necessary.

When creating a new member you have to give it a Login Name, Email, and Password will be auto generated which you can change if you want to.

Login & Email will be the user authentification here. Then as usually you need a password.

You can make use of some asp login in your template

<asp:Login ID="Login1" DisplayRememberMe="true" DestinationPageUrl="~/" VisibleWhenLoggedIn="false" runat="server"  LoginButtonText="Login"   RememberMeText="Remember me">                          
     </asp:Login>

Hope this helps

//Fuji

Jan 30, 2014 @ 08:33
    Frank

Hi Fuji,

Thanks! I need the 2-factor authentication for the Users section (i.e. the backend CMS login /umbraco), not for members. Can I still use contour for this? 

Frank

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 10:09
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Frank,

As far as I'm aware there isn't a package or plugin available that offers 2-factor authentication for the Umbraco back-office. You would need to implement the functionality yourself.

By coincidence, I was reading up on this myself the other day (I was just curious, I wasn't looking to implement it). I found a few interesting articles:

Good luck with it!

Cheers,
    - Lee

• dotnetspike 15 posts 85 karma points
    Apr 09, 2016 @ 19:15
    dotnetspike

@Bartosz , Can you please help here with some sample. I believe you had done a lot of r n d around this

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 12:03
    keilo

Did anyone succeed with integrating TOTP (google authenticator) to the Umbraco back-office login?

• Rune Antonsen 29 posts 145 karma points
    Jun 28, 2017 @ 09:01
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft