Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Giagnocavo 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 14, 2014 @ 22:25
    Michael Giagnocavo

Umbraco 7 Multi Site for Unrelated Tenants

I've read a lot of threads regarding multi-site / multi-tenant Umbraco. It seems it's really aimed at a single org that has somewhat related sites and doesn't need 100% separation between sites. Is this still the case in Umbraco 7? Are multiple sites in Umbraco 7 fully and entirely separated or are there still things that'd need a workaround?

If we have many completely unrelated customers we're setting sites up for, should we even be considering multisites? Each customer would want to view and manage their site completely, using all available Umbraco features without limitations.

It seems the only benefit is saving on number of databases and IIS installations. Is that an accurate assessment?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Sep 13, 2017 @ 19:37
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Michael

Whilst Umbraco provides the tools to achieve what you are describing my first reaction is one of using a shared website for separate entities - whilst a "standard" website doesn't really hold sensitive data, I wonder about perceived privacy issues.

Also as with all websites things change over time and whilst you can maintain separate templates / css / etc for all separate look and feel, I truly think that something at some stage would create an issue requiring you to split one entity out.

I think the multi site functionality is best kept to sub domains / multi lingual sites for a single entity.

Cheers Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft