Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 15:28
    Per Ploug

Preparing for 7.0.1 tomorrow

The issue tracker is almost empty of issues for tomorrows 7.0.1 release, which has these 70ish issues fixed since the initial 7.0 release:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issues?q=Due+in+version%3A+7.0.1+State%3A+Fixed+project%3A+*Umbraco

However, we would love to see some extra install and upgrade testing by people already building on 7.0, so any last-minute issues can be fixed in case we broke anything doing these fixes.

For people who can/want to try out an upgrade to 7.0.1, can do so by getting the #215 build from here:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%207.0.1/UmbracoCms.7.0.1-build.215.zip

General upgrade guidelines applies to this version, and the installer should take care of the required upgrade process:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general

• nojaf 91 posts 300 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 19:49
    nojaf

Is there a way like to just update the nuget package (prerelease)?

• Matthew 93 posts 153 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 20:11
    Matthew

Well, here's some elementary feedback.  

The interface is nifty but unintuitive.  Some are aspects I'll get used to but some are annoying.  I assume part of the design is to be responsive for smaller screens but you really need a breadcrumb for clarity, since I doubt you'll change the way navigation and data entry screens slide in and out.  I'll look forward to seeing how much bounce back you get on the nav and chime in with furthre suggestions if I'm not in the minority.

I still would like to see a prompt to save any changes when you try to navigate away from a screen where you've made edits.  I like severe but sometimes, it's brutal.

Maybe on the document 'add new property', you could highlight it or something to make it stand out a bit.

For my first test drive, I took a shot at implementing the Bootstrap sample from Systenics (http://tinyurl.com/mvy8gcq).  Did a basic dld and unzip, opened in WebMatrix, CE db, no template.  When I got to entering content in the Home page, I was surprised to find a 'Home' node already existed.  Is that normal?

I couldn't test further because at that point, the home content wouldn't preveiw, then after publishing, the site stopped and could be restarted in WebMatrix but not reloaded.  

In VS2012Express, trying to run this same site, it took a long time to validate compared to 7.0.0. and resulted in many lines of output, mostly referring to things being obsolete.  When I tried to run it, I got the 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' error.

Have to get back to other things at the moment but thought I'd toss that out.  This is on a pretty fresh load of Win7 but I assume the issues are somethign on my end.  Fresh instances of either U7.0.0 or 7.0.1 seem to start up fine.

Maybe there's something in that bootstrap tut that is illegal in v.7?

Otherwise, I'm really excited about v.7, I skipped v.6.  I'm expecting to do my new job on it, due to be roughed in by the first of the year.  I hope that's not too soon...?  I think clients will love the product, once everything gets caught up.  Sizzle!

Matthew

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 21:01
    Jeavon Leopold

@nojaf, you can add the Umbraco v7 nightly MyGet feed to your visual studio https://www.myget.org/F/umbraco7nightly/

• antao 81 posts 371 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 21:50
    antao

I could not reach the backend with the night build. Did you guys had the same issue?

Dec 12, 2013 @ 06:17
    Matthew

I couldn't figure it out.

Dec 12, 2013 @ 06:36
    Matthew

Is it tomorrow yet?  It has to be tomorrow somewhere...

Dec 13, 2013 @ 02:28
    Matthew

Running out of tomorrow, pretty soon it's going to be yesterday...

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Dec 13, 2013 @ 03:46
    David Zweben

Matthew, it's been postponed: Umbraco 7.0.1 release postponed

Regards,
    David

Dec 13, 2013 @ 05:15
    Matthew

Thanks David, I'll stop holding my breath then.  <g>  Thanks for the link too, I didn't know how to keep track of progress.

Dec 13, 2013 @ 06:55
    Matthew

@antao - went into settings, added the url provided by jeavon, back in VS, in package manager, under online, make sure to select include prerelease, MyGet showed up.  Didn't last time, does now though.  Good luck.

Matthew

Dec 13, 2013 @ 06:59
    Matthew

But, tried to install core binaries, got this error:

Attempting to resolve dependency 'MiniProfiler (≥ 2.1.0 && < 3.0.0)'.
    Unable to resolve dependency 'MiniProfiler (≥ 2.1.0 && < 3.0.0)'.

Wouldn't install the full version either.  Went back to 7.0.0 and all went fine.

Dec 13, 2013 @ 11:07
    antao

@Matthew, thanks. I've forgot to set the "prereleases" on settings. I've just run nightly 218 and the bugs that I've found with the upload data type are fixed. Let's wait for the package release, in the meantime great job hq team.

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Dec 13, 2013 @ 15:15
    Anthony Candaele

I just tried to upgrade my Umbraco 7.0.0 instance to Umbraco 7.0.1 build 215, but after upgrading, I get an ysod when trying to visit the website:

Configuration error
    Parser Error Message: A section using 'configSource' may contain no other attributes or elements.

enter image description here

greetings,

Anthony

Dec 13, 2013 @ 15:29
    antao

@Anthony check build 218

Dec 13, 2013 @ 15:37
    Anthony Candaele

Hi antao, just tried it with build 218, same error.

the install seem to succeed, but when I go to localhost or localhost/umbraco, I get the YSOD as mentioned above.

I copied the /bin, /install, /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders to my rootfolder

greetings,

Anthony

Dec 13, 2013 @ 15:52
    Per Ploug

For this config issue, its because we moved appsettings and connectionstrings back into web.config, see the upgrade notes, its important that you move them back, or you will see this issue during install

Dec 13, 2013 @ 16:34
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Per,

I got the issue solved, thanks. Based on the upgrade notes it wasn't very clear what exactly to copy and where to put it, but I got it right after some trial and error.

Everything seems to work fine, and the issue I reported is solved: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3812

Anything else I can test? Just let me know.

greetings,

Anthony

Dec 13, 2013 @ 18:26
    Matthew

Anthony, would you have time to clarify the things that were unclear in the upgrade notes?

Dec 13, 2013 @ 19:11
    Matthew

7.0.1 is in the building!  Thanks U guys!

Dec 13, 2013 @ 21:24
    Per Ploug

@matthew - the unclear part is that 7.0.1 does not have /config/appsettings.config and /config/connectionstrings.config these have been merged back into web.config

The easy upgrade is to just replace your current web.config with the 7.0.1 and reenter your db connection, then everything will be correct, alternative would be to take the settings from those 2 files and merge back into your current 7.0.0 web.config - I prefer the first option :)

Dec 13, 2013 @ 21:38
    Matthew

Thank you kindly, sir.

• Jay Criscione 16 posts 105 karma points
    Dec 15, 2013 @ 21:55
    Jay Criscione

the backoffice is still not displaying properly with the 7.0.1 release. The section icons are all missing.

• Stuart 11 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 16:31
    Stuart

Change the original line in the web.config

<clientDependency configSource="config\ClientDependency.config" version="1">

to  

<clientDependency configSource="config\ClientDependency.config">

Should run then!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft