Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Griffiths 370 posts 1021 karma points
    Mar 09, 2016 @ 20:21
    Paul Griffiths

Hi all,

I have been looking to implement the ability to be able to search on my site and have been experimenting with the ezSearch package that was created by Matt Brailsford (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ezsearch/).

I am able to embed the the ezsearch macro into a rich text editor and out the box it appears to work fine (with the default parameters). However, when i specify some custom properties (that i have defined on my document types) that i would like search i cant seem to get any results back.

For example, i have a property with the alias 'propertyContent' (which is a RTE like bodyText) on my propertyListingPage document type

enter image description here

and in the 'fields to search against' (a parameter on the macro) i have specified the following

I have the following content specified in the propertyContent property which clearly contains the keyword 'residential'

However, when i search for the keyword the search never returns any results?

What am i not getting or what am i doing wrong?

In addition, when i specify values for the macro parameters i can see in the where it attempts to get the macro param but sets the defaults if they are not specified and when i debug the code i can see the propertyContent property i want to search defined but still doesnt return results?

Any help on this would be great to aid my understanding. I have already read the following pdf https://our.umbraco.org/media/wiki/74421/635065665848673870_ezSearch-Documentation-v10.pdf

Many thanks Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft