Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Smidt Kristensen 3 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 09, 2016 @ 12:25
    Martin Smidt Kristensen

Umbraco Forms - Send email copy of form to the person who fill out the form

Hi

I am using Umbraco Forms and wonder if it is possible to send an email with a copy of a form, to the person who fill out the form? Like a normal order confirmation.

Or is this only possible by custom developing? In this case, are there any documentation of how?

Thanks Martin

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 09, 2016 @ 13:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Martin,

No this is possible out of the box. you just need to specify the email field in the receiver field.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/

The syntax you need to use is {nameofemailfield} so if your field is:

Some examples:

Email {email}

Enter your employment ID {enteryouremploymentid}

First & last name {firstlastname}

Your #1 job {your1job}

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Martin Smidt Kristensen 3 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 13:54
    Martin Smidt Kristensen

Hi Dennis.

Thank you for your replay.

I am not sure how to do this? Lets say i have this simple contact form, and i want to send the person who fills out the form, a mail after the form is submitted, like an order confirmation email? What should i write in the "Email - Enter the reciever email"?

enter image description here

enter image description here

Feb 16, 2016 @ 14:10
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Martin,

If you go to the backoffice, in to the Umbraco Forms section, then you will see a folder, called forms.

If you open up this one you will get an overview of all forms. For each form you will have a workflow.

Try to see this video about workflows in Umbraco Forms https://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/extending/umbraco-forms/attaching-workflows/

If you have other questions about Umbraco Forms please let us know.

/Dennis

• Lars 66 posts 136 karma points
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 06:41
    Lars

Hi Dennis. I have just installed the Umbraco Forms and I want to send a copy to the sender.

I have a form where the user inserts his/hers email address in a field named "Email". I want to send a copy to the sender. In the workflow section I make a new workflow. Can I put the email address of the sender in the workflow like this: {Email}? Please take a look at the attached screendump.

// Lars!

Jun 29, 2016 @ 06:55
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Lars,

If your field has a name of Email then you should use this in the workflow {email}

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jeremias 53 posts 278 karma points
    Jan 09, 2018 @ 10:47
    Jeremias

Hi!

thank you for this posts! That's what I need :) Now I have one question: Is there a way to use conditions for this workflow? For example: only when one of the checkboxes is checked, the mail gets sent to the sender-email! That would be great!

• jakaria Ahmed Shimul 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 06, 2018 @ 07:18
    jakaria Ahmed Shimul

I have used {email} this. but email didn't go to the client address. if I put there any specific mail then it will go. Please help this.

Jun 29, 2016 @ 07:04
    Lars

Hi Dennis.

Thank you for a fast answer and it might help. Can I see the result when the Umbraco Forms is still running in the trial mode?

//Lars

Jun 29, 2016 @ 08:59
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Lars,

You should get the email yes, but I am not sure if you can see the actual data that the user have entered into your form.

This depends if you still are in a trial mode. Else you will just see something like Forms in a trial mode for each fields.

/Dennis

Jun 30, 2016 @ 06:44
    Lars

Hi Dennis

I guess that you are right, I see the form in a trial mode for the fields. I will have to wait until after the holyday to solve this :-)

Thanks

//Lars

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft